UPS is a disgrace

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Or you could come up with a plan to deal with your new arrival time of your air, and not act all surprised it is "late" again.
Doesn't work like that. If we start planning for it to be 40 minutes late everyday and it shows up on time you get jumped on for "Planning to fail"

We are expected to plan everyday as if everything is on time.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Our center didn't have enough routes this morning so around 7:15 am they decided to add three. Dispatch also "misloaded" a 65 piece bulk stop to the wrong truck.

My supervisor, noticeably bamboozled, asked us "what's this giant wall of packages???" I said "Dunno, they just keep coming down the belt but the truck isn't here nor is it on any of the loadouts this morning." He stormed off to figure out the culprit only to return with 2 preloaders with a small conestoga wagon train of handcarts in tow.

Johney

Doesn't work like that. If we start planning for it to be 40 minutes late everyday and it shows up on time you get jumped on for "Planning to fail"

Here's a good one for ya. Train is late. 3 drivers who go to the airport have been waiting at the rail yard(1 hour away from the airport) for their loads. Dispatch realizes if they wait for the train they will be late for their airport pull. Dispatch tells them bobtail to the airport, now three loads have no drivers. So....dispatch calls three drivers who are 15 mins from the airport to go down and get those loads from the railyard(1 hour away). Huh??? And we still make money.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't worry. Saturday ground will solve everything, just like working the day after Thanksgiving solved all peak woes.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Logistics.. Not enough drivers, late air, air in load, start preload too late, new loaders not trained, air meets... It never changes. Clueless

4 of those are fixable if the preload manager and IE work together and aren't dumb

is that your DM talking or your IE, cuz that's dumb either way

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Don't worry. Saturday ground will solve everything, just like working the day after Thanksgiving solved all peak woes.

maybe your district was different but working day after thanksgiving completely changed mine for the better; saturday ground will be cool once we can start forwarding loads from weds and tues

ManInBrown

Here's a question about Saturday ground. Is the plan to be able to handle more business, or is the plan to do the work we have now with one extra day? I sure hope the plan is to be able to now handle more business.

The union should ask for surepost back in the next contract as a giveback for Saturday ground

upschuck

So you fail to plan for most likely scenario, sounds like a brilliant idea.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Here's a question about Saturday ground. Is the plan to be able to handle more business, or is the plan to do the work we have now with one extra day? I sure hope the plan is to be able to now handle more business.

The union should ask for surepost back in the next contract as a giveback for Saturday ground
initially the plan is just to handle the work that we currently have

The gamble is that in the future we will have more business volume because of our additional offering now

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
maybe your district was different but working day after thanksgiving completely changed mine for the better; saturday ground will be cool once we can start forwarding loads from weds and tues
Did working one day solve peak problems? That's how they were trying to sell it.

ManInBrown

initially the plan is just to handle the work that we currently have

The gamble is that in the future we will have more business volume because of our additional offering now
Then how do they justify hiring all these new FT drivers if the plan is for the time being, to just handle what we have now? What are these drivers doing the other 4 or 5 days a week? They have to get surepost back. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. We all know it's going to be cut city on Mondays and probably one or two other days now.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Then how do they justify hiring all these new FT drivers if the plan is to handle what we have now? What are these drivers doing the other 4 or 5 days a week? It doesn't make sense. We all know it's going to be cut city on Mondays and probably one or two other days now.
Here's hoping the cuts are deep enough on Mondays for me to take off. I would be happy to work Tuesday-Friday for the remainder of my time at UPS.