UPS is a joke! Not what it use to be and flat out sucks!!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been at ups for 9.5 years and am number 4 on the full time list. Please explain the part where I'm being a troll and I will grant you 100 internets.
If I'm wrong, I apologize. I can relate....currently serving 6 year sentence as a PTer..number 2 on full time list lol.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If I'm wrong, I apologize. I can relate....currently serving 6 year sentence as a PTer..number 2 on full time list lol.

Good thing I'm basically number one because a guy has a messed up driving record (DUI). The others in the building with high seniority have been in the building for 10+ years and are accustomed to the easy work of small sort while making $20+ an hour and getting 5+ hours a day and don't want to become a driver. And I have the highest seniority out of the the new hires since the guy who has it is about to go into management (dummy lol). Good thing drivers outnumber Pter 2:1 in my building. I'll be making some good money by time I'm 23.

A lot of people talk about their position on the list to go driving.....I wonder if they realize that driving is not an easy job and there is no guarantee they will make the cut at the end of the probationary period.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Good thing I'm basically number one because a guy has a messed up driving record (DUI). The others in the building with high seniority have been in the building for 10+ years and are accustomed to the easy work of small sort while making $20+ an hour and getting 5+ hours a day and don't want to become a driver. And I have the highest seniority out of the the new hires since the guy who has it is about to go into management (dummy lol). Good thing drivers outnumber Pter 2:1 in my building. I'll be making some good money by time I'm 23.

You should find out exactly where your at on the list, not just assume your the next to go. That way you don't get your hopes up about thinking your going to go full time by a certain date and then it doesn't happen. Like me I'm supposed to be going friend/t here in the next month or two but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen until the beginning of next year. I work in a very big building and there are a lot of retirements starting to happen as of right now and it's gaining momentum the closer we get to peak. But you never know

Howe909

A lot of people talk about their position on the list to go driving.....I wonder if they realize that driving is not an easy job and there is no guarantee they will make the cut at the end of the probationary period.

im guessing the new system for driving hasnt be announced, soon all drivers will have a gps system in their truck and it will tell u where to go next, so no more map books any dummy that can drive a truck will be able to do any route no problem

upsgrunt

im guessing the new system for driving hasnt be announced, soon all drivers will have a gps system in their truck and it will tell u where to go next, so no more map books any dummy that can drive a truck will be able to do any route no problem

​Boy, are you in for a surprise.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Skipping lunch breaks will surely help. Like breaking your back everyday lifting 70 ibs packages for peanuts is more difficult. In not saying that package delivery is easy, it's not by far harder than what I'm doing right now for peanuts.

Howe909

​Boy, are you in for a surprise.

i do it right now in dirt all day long cause dirt is the only routes that ppl dont take **** there isnt even street signs... but then again gps doesnt work out there either so ill be doing the same thing as i do now

sandwich

The resident gearhead
GPS is an in cab distraction, so no we will still have our map books and map pages for quite some time.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Good point. Most people will not and do not make the cut. I'm glad I'm an 8 year cover driver. I thought going cover was a curse but now that I see whats going on it turned out to be a blessing

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
​so your saying its like being married. Good analogy.

I don't know why you drivers get married and get tied down by women. Especially since you guys are making that kind of money. I'm ballin and staying big pimping spending cheese. It's a new girl every 5 months. Have couple kids in a foreign country and come back to the states so I don't have to pay no child support. Ballin!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't know why you drivers get married and get tied down by women. Especially since you guys are making that kind of money. I'm ballin and staying big pimping spending cheese. It's a new girl every 5 months. Have couple kids in a foreign country and come back to the states so I don't have to pay no child support. Ballin!
Hopefully you're quoting Jay Z and TI cause if not, this is the most irresponsible post you've ever made...and that's saying something!

screamin chicken

It's just plain AND SIMPLE management makes poor decisions, stupid dispatch , and they want you to cut cost. Well lets start cutting cost by getting rid of the 4 part time sups, on the preload, 3 on car sups. all these sups for 6 pre loaders, 3 on cars for 18 drivers, stop taking the resi's off one route and giving res's from another route to increase mileage, stop telling me to sheet bad slaps as NSS..... all this and they are banking so much $$$$$ and making us work harder for our $$$$ by planning 10 hr days, remember it is us that make that $$$$$ for you.....:angry: