UPS is once again doing the very minimum to protect its behind the scenes employees

Johney

We have an employee that is showing symptoms here since he was in direct contact with the first reported case in our city since he delivers to the guy. He came to work and management told him to go to home for 2 weeks he said pay me and I will. They said we won’t pay you, he asked for short term disability since he got infected at work and management said no. He took his diad and went to work. It’s going to get crazy, ups does not care about us and there is no plan to protect us. They might start to worry when drivers start dropping like flies. It’s a sad day
STD my ass! That's workers comp!

Poop Head

Judge me.
So you are suggesting just test everyone, even if they don't have symptoms?

What if they just contract it the next day after the test? Daily tests forever for everyone? Not trying to be a jerk, honestly wondering what you think.
No need to test anyone. We're all gonna die. Didn't you get the memo?

M

MenInBrown

You’re missing the point. If there had been enough tests to begin with, we could’ve got a grasp on where this thing was, instead of waiting til people showed symptoms, after they already infected everyone.

Please explain your point that we should have millions of test for a virus that did not exist in the US? Now we have to wait for these test that we didn’t have, bc we never needed. Why would you want to get tested before someone who actually has symptoms?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Please explain your point that we should have millions of test for a virus that did not exist in the US? Now we have to wait for these test that we didn’t have, bc we never needed. Why would you want to get tested before someone who actually has symptoms?
Go away narrow minded fool. You’re right, we should’ve assumed that when China was welding doors shut that there was no chance it was that contagious and would never get here, to ‘Merica. I wasn’t saying test before symptoms, but you could’ve tested people who had contact with positive cases and slowed the spread quicker.

M

MenInBrown

Go away narrow minded fool. You’re right, we should’ve assumed that when China was welding doors shut that there was no chance it was that contagious and would never get here, to ‘Merica. I wasn’t saying test before symptoms, but you could’ve tested people who had contact with positive cases and slowed the spread quicker.

Narrow minded fool? Smh Says the man that just tried to feed me some fakenews? What you are referring to did not happen in Wuhan as reported. It was another small town and it is not permitted by the Chinese government. Once the Chinese government found out they had it removed. If I’m a narrow minded fool then you must be complete dumb***. And people have been getting tested. I would you forgot but I’m sure you just don’t know that we had a travel ban in January and people that came from there in the US got tested. Get your head out of the sand. If you don’t know something, ask questions, don’t be the fear monger through lack of intelligence.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The genome of the virus needed to make a test wasnt available until the end of January. Within days the CDC developed a test and had 160k of them within a week or so.

Unfortunately they were faulty. Heads need to roll at the CDC for that friend* up.

oldngray

nowhere special
The genome of the virus needed to make a test wasnt available until the end of January. Within days the CDC developed a test and had 160k of them within a week or so.

Unfortunately they were faulty. Heads need to roll at the CDC for that friend* up.
Yeah, that test showed too many false positives so they developed another test. The first time they relied on Europe's help to make their test and used bad reagents or something like that.