UPS is wanting to “Buy” me out.

Undertow

They want to buy you out? Give them a counteroffer and see how bad they want to buy you out.

You couldn't do any worse than Hoffa and Taylor at negotiating as they seem to be trying to sell you and the rest of us out.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Every driver I knew that took a settlement had to sign an NDA. Parcel must have made them strong, because none of them would even hint at the amount.
Probably true but thats why Im asking ballpark. over 100k but less than 250k is pretty vague but it's ballpark without giving away too much identifiable info. The OP is close to retirement so just trying to see what the company is trying to buy him out at. I'm thinking ALOT less than what it should be.

cachmeifucan

Not true, Some 22.3s in my building drive part of their shift.
I didn't mean all 22.3 jobs Most don't include driving. And they create jobs for drivers here that can't pass dot. In some cases. I actually met a guy who's wife died of cancer last year and he had a brain aneurysm and they won't offer him a 22.3. Sad case

DirtySouth

I've heard of settlements including early pension withdrawal without penalty. I would raise this with your attorney. Good luck brother.

Tony Q

ADA would apple but would drop me to part time status.
I've seen the ADA put members down to the part time status because there is not successive shifts to double up. I have also seen members who are on ada working a preload and reload scenario. I would try and go the ADA route.