UPS is wanting to “Buy” me out.

trickpony1

On the job injury and did not pass the FCE. Missed passing by a small margin.

The person who gives the FCE knows who "butters his bread".
He's gonna do whatever UPS tells him because if he doesn't he'll lose UPS as a client.
Did the FCE accurately reflect the "essential functions" of your job?
Is it possible to get a second opinion?

BTW, it's no skin of the FCE guys nose if you fail...he's still gonna get paid.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Has anyone mentioned "work hardening" or would the company prefer to get rid of you?

I have been through work Harding twice in my career. One in 2005 (Disk) and one in 2015 (Soft Tissues, Muscles). Both times it worked but the Doctor thinks that my current muscles have givin up.

cachmeifucan

So technically it a loss of trade injury I think I talked to a guy and he said don't lie to the arbitrator and maybe you can get a job at the union. And you have to go through the ADA process

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I have a Lawyer who’s firm only charges 25% because I am a UPS employee. I just want to know about anyone who has gone through this experience.

Shows you something when a lawyer gives you a "discount rate" when you are a UPS employee.

(Tired Driver just beat me to the punch line) Drats spoiled again..

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I heard a guy at my building was on and off of comp he blew out his knee was over compensating on other knee and blew that one out. Was out for like a year and the company gave him half a million to roll away in a wheel chair and never return. He was close to 25 years of service when he left.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I have a Lawyer who’s firm only charges 25% because I am a UPS employee. I just want to know about anyone who has gone
Guy in our center went through that a few years ago. So i agree with BUG. In my own words hope for the best prepare for a bit of sobering reality. Good luck to you, i sincerely hope events turn in your favor

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Well they bought me out. I truly wish I could give details but I am not allowed. But some advice, get the best Workers Comp lawyer that you can find. I was able to. Good luck to all that are still working. Do you best but FOLLOW THE CONTRACT. It is you only hope to survive.

P

pickup

Well they bought me out. I truly wish I could give details but I am not allowed. But some advice, get the best Workers Comp lawyer that you can find. I was able to. Good luck to all that are still working. Do you best but FOLLOW THE CONTRACT. It is you only hope to survive.

Best of luck. Thanks for the update.