UPS IT laying off 58 and older employees?

Popeye

i just reached 2 years. There was no sign of layoffs or any threat of it. I guess i will have to hop like everyone else...loyalty doesn't matter.
If you were smart you’d run fast and run far. As far as UPS is concerned you’re just an :censored2: in a chair collecting a paycheck. You are like Showtime on UPS’s cable bill. One day some accounting schmuck will decide they’re paying too much for cable. Showtime? We don’t need showtime. Adios! If they fed you the “partnership” jive, don’t believe it. It was true in a land long ago and far away, but now it’s just a fairy tale.

dudebro

If you were smart you’d run fast and run far. As far as UPS is concerned you’re just an :censored2: in a chair collecting a paycheck. You are like Showtime on UPS’s cable bill. One day some accounting schmuck will decide they’re paying too much for cable. Showtime? We don’t need showtime. Adios! If they fed you the “partnership” jive, don’t believe it. It was true in a land long ago and far away, but now it’s just a fairy tale.

There are always people who go, but there are more who stay, like HBO. As my step-dad used to say, layoffs target the useless, so don't be a useless.

dudebro

I agree!
Barnes hinted about this years ago, “UPS is a global company.”
It's not that simple. I've worked with Indian IT teams and they're not all they're cracked up to be. They're cheaper by the hour, but they're mostly not as productive for high level jobs. It's kinda like comparing our regular Teamsters to the Amazon person taking a dump in your driveway.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's not that simple. I've worked with Indian IT teams and they're not all they're cracked up to be. They're cheaper by the hour, but they're mostly not as productive for high level jobs. It's kinda like comparing our regular Teamsters to the Amazon person taking a dump in your driveway.
Just to be clear, I agree with you 100%.
I sure the :censored2: wasn't going to get up at 3 in the morning for a conference call with Indians and never did.

dudebro

Just to be clear, I agree with you 100%.
I sure the :censored2: wasn't going to get up at 3 in the morning for a conference call with Indians and never did.

I hear you. We dont get up at 3, we meet at 8am which is 530 for them.

They work all day, build a list of questions, ask them, then we work all day, answer them, and they start the next day with the answers... Its not that bad in development.

Production issues could be a problem like that though.