UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
True story...I was at Ford in the Detroit years ago doing some service call as a vendor (Not UPS. I didn't work for UPS then). We have to update software on our instrument that Ford bought.

All I need to do is to insert a USB stick into the computer to upload and update the machine. I am not allowed to insert that USB stick. "It's Union job. You are not allowed to do that."

"Where is the Union guy who runs this test cell? He is out to lunch and will be back in 30 minutes."

30 minutes later the Union guy showed up. After hearing what I told him I wanted to do. He said: "go ahead".

I proceeded to do my job! >:(

That’s how it’s supposed to work

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lmao.

No it won’t. But thanks for playing.
Yep. DHL is union and the Teamsters are getting some big wins over there. The post office has a few different mail carriers unions there. Fedex is becoming ripe for unionization since fat Freddy and crew are trying to kick out the express workers to use a full scab ground fleet…that won’t be pretty to watch and Amazon is right there in the mix also with getting wins. I don’t think it’s out of the world thinking that some type of union will eventually be in some parts of fedex and Amazon. Look at Europe.
About time
now if we can only get @Future to pull the plug.

anonymous23456

Yep. DHL is union and the Teamsters are getting some big wins over there. The post office has a few different mail carriers unions there. Fedex is becoming ripe for unionization since fat Freddy and crew are trying to kick out the express workers to use a full scab ground fleet…that won’t be pretty to watch and Amazon is right there in the mix also with getting wins. I don’t think it’s out of the world thinking that some type of union will eventually be in some parts of fedex and Amazon. Look at Europe.

now if we can only get @Future to pull the plug.
Let visit this topic in 4 years and see if the same level playing field is given to UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Let visit this topic in 4 years and see if the same level playing field is given to UPS.
No doubt it won’t be a cake walk but I think there are people/workers that are finally waking up and seeing what’s going on…not everybody is liking the watering down of jobs because of the “gig” economy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This still has 2018-2023 dates for wage increases. I say this isn’t the proposal.

Also i dont think the company would ever agree that a driver on the 9.5 list can just bring his load back and drop the pkgs before 9.5.
There are some locals that have language that says drivers can bring back work to make 8hours and 9.5. Did you read somewhere where bringing stuff back was a tentative agreement in the national??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So they have a tentative agreement and they know they have a tentative agreement but they say screw it will just keep holding rallies bring in politicians to do there stupid cheesy fake talks keep customers still worried etc.. come on. That’s got to be the dumbest thing I’ve heard!
Scared of replacements? Did the tough guy cave?

Pullman Brown

Scared of replacements? Did the tough guy cave?

200.gif