Ups lay offs.

Christian M

Why is there so much talk of ups laying off drivers and part timers. ? Is fedex taking over the delivery business and ups is going to shut down? Asking because I was planning on making a career out of ups. Serious question

40 and out

Why is there so much talk of ups laying off drivers and part timers. ? Is fedex taking over the delivery business and ups is going to shut down? Asking because I was planning on making a career out of ups. Serious question
Yes, Fedex is taking over and UPS is shutting down 12/31. Guess you'll need to find a new career. Seriously?

Future

Victory Ride
People r running scared because UPS allegedly had a bad quarter ....I could see some layoffs and cutbacks on exspenses happening for a while ...but will not last very long

badpal

FDX stock has taken a bigger haircut than UPS, dont pay much attention to what you hear.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
F3239B87-0B25-4BD3-AC16-6FAC267EA8B6.jpeg

Heavy Package

Why is there so much talk of ups laying off drivers and part timers. ?

This is the flavor of the first quarter every year! They do scale back, probably 10-15% and start targeting a few guys they have problems with or don't like anyway. All goes away by April. Of course, if there is a larger economic downturn then yes, it can get worse.

Either way, prepare yourself with some options and enjoy a little time off if you do get it. My body needs a week or two to recover anyway.

And FYI, my center couldn't even get enough volunteers to work Dec 22nd or for tomorrow Dec 31st so at least where I am at no one is beating down the doors for more hours. Most are sick of the place right now.

Future

Victory Ride
This is the flavor of the first quarter every year! They do scale back, probably 10-15% and start targeting a few guys they have problems with or don't like anyway. All goes away by April. Of course, if there is a larger economic downturn then yes, it can get worse.

Either way, prepare yourself with some options and enjoy a little time off if you do get it. My body needs a week or two to recover anyway.

And FYI, my center couldn't even get enough volunteers to work Dec 22nd or for tomorrow Dec 31st so at least where I am at no one is beating down the doors for more hours. Most are sick of the place right now.
Just seems a little more amplified this year