UPS Man Gone Wild

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I would have loved to have you for a center manager. I would have walked EVERYTHING off. Worked strictly by the book. 20 stops would have been a 10 hour load for me. There is always 2 sides to every story. All we have heard on this one is Karens side.

Did you look at the picture for more than 2 seconds before you posted?

Do you see the road with a nice gravel shoulder on which to park and walk it off (left side of photo)?

How about the crushed rock at the end of the driveway where he could have safely walked up and delivered the package.

Would you really have driven right up to the door step in this situation, if you were truly the driver you claim to be...

Quit defending the driver who was truly wrong in this situation.

“He was too lazy to bring the package to the door so he decided to drive across the yard as close as he could to get to the front door,”
that is the customers quote and I have to agree with her.....

rod

Retired 22 years
You watch the video and the lady don't even seem to be too concerned about it at first. Like people had been using the dirt yard as a parking lot all the time. She basically only turned into a Karen when the news cameras were rolling. And as usual with the dip :poop: news people now days they have to add their 2 cents to a story they know nothing about. What happened to just delivering the news and leaving your own opinions out of it. I still say there is more to this story. I really doubt the driver would just pull up like that unless he thought he was ok. I agree he shouldn't have gunned it and continued to tear up the yard once he realized he was in a pickle.

vvv

Why would we stick up for a driver who clearly could have walked from the road and made the delivery.

I guess the driveway not being concreted all the way to the road didn't give it away either. DA driver....
I think this is probably the only time we have agreed so far.

Guy is a total idiot and DOES promote the bad label for many of us (not me) being lazy drivers......which is EXACTLY what he is. STUPID and LAZY.

I personally think UPS should dump him on his a-s-s without a second chance. No excuse for that. Park in proper area.....walk on proper path.....leave package.....on to next stop. Total frigging embarrassment to the guys who do things right.

UPSER1987

Still though.... they act like he murdered their kids or something.
Big wide open field. No signs that say “this is my yard not my driveway”
Poor decision by the driver, but it annoys me that these obviously well off people are cashing in and stereotyping UPS drivers as “lazy”
Nothing ticks me off more than the l word.
Lazy? Full time UPS driver? Are you high?
If you’ve never seen a lazy UPS driver, you obviously don’t work at UPS. Lazy doesn’t have job classifications...air drivers and 22.4 driver are lazy but FTers are not? LOL!

Did you look at the picture for more than 2 seconds before you posted?

Do you see the road with a nice gravel shoulder on which to park and walk it off (left side of photo)?

How about the crushed rock at the end of the driveway where he could have safely walked up and delivered the package.

Would you really have driven right up to the door step in this situation, if you were truly the driver you claim to be...

Quit defending the driver who was truly wrong in this situation.

“He was too lazy to bring the package to the door so he decided to drive across the yard as close as he could to get to the front door,”
that is the customers quote and I have to agree with her.....
I bet his stops per hour are off the chart.

over9five

Staff member
I personally think UPS should dump him on his a-s-s without a second chance. No excuse for that. Park in proper area.....walk on proper path.....leave package.....on to next stop. Total frigging embarrassment to the guys who do things right.
Geez, you think he should get fired for one bad decision?
Glad we have a union.

Whither

Scofflaw
Different rules for runners and gunners
Center manager gave a grandiose speech last week re: how we're no longer going to have to go help other drivers after finishing our own work. :lol: Said they're starting observations with the goal of reducing the center's atrocious overallowed turning all drivers into runner gunners. Guess I'll have to stop being such a slacker and bringing in it 10-20 clicks over.