UPS Man Gone Wild

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
If you’ve never seen a lazy UPS driver, you obviously don’t work at UPS. Lazy doesn’t have job classifications...air drivers and 22.4 driver are lazy but FTers are not? LOL!
What’s difficult to understand? I didn’t say pters are lazy.
It’s also possible for a non lazy person to make a “lazy” choice. We are not going to be perfect 100% of the time.
FT Drivers are not lazy human beings. Period. You want to know what lazy really means?? Go work somewhere else, like ANYWHERE else.

Whither

Scofflaw
There are only 2 speeds.... Stop and go.

In my experience the old-timers' slogan is correct: slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

I was a lot slower when I began, and it took me at least half a year to stop feeling rushed, stressed out about making commits. I'd let my methods slip due to being overwhelmed, and, ironically, squander even more time due to my haste haha.

Then I settled in for the long haul and relaxed. On the rare days when I get a 6-7 hr dispatch I know how to make it last long enough to keep my guarantee without taking extra work, but I don't think the company's wrong that the methods are efficient. Not as efficient as the time study often thinks, especially when you follow Orion close to 100 percent haha, but they work pretty well

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
I’m wondering when we’re going to begin holding customers accountable for their end of the deal.
You ordered something. So you invited us onto your property. Because you didn’t want to take your ass to the store and buy the crocks yourself.
Then you get mad, when you have your entire yard blending in with your driveway...and zero communication as to what’s going on at your house?
I guess they were too LAZY to add a delivery note, or take the time to have it sent to the access point, to avoid trouble like this
We make a lot of money off of people being too lazy to go to the store. I'm not saying it's perfect but appreciate it for what it is.

In my experience the old-timers' slogan is correct: slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

I was a lot slower when I began, and it took me at least half a year to stop feeling rushed, stressed out about making commits. I'd let my methods slip due to being overwhelmed, and, ironically, squander even more time due to my haste haha.

Then I settled in for the long haul and relaxed. On the rare days when I get a 6-7 hr dispatch I know how to make it last long enough to keep my guarantee without taking extra work, but I don't think the company's wrong that the methods are efficient. Not as efficient as the time study often thinks, especially when you follow Orion close to 100 percent haha, but they work pretty well
A full day of methods seems to about 2 hours quicker that what orion times show on the computer. Orion times in the computer don’t seem to match the WOR.

Whither

Scofflaw
A full day of methods seems to about 2 hours quicker that what orion times show on the computer. Orion times in the computer don’t seem to match the WOR.
Yes the time study is consistently quicker than Orion's estimates, e.g., on my route by as much as 30 minutes. It's comical that the company can't get its metrics straight. But, ay ay ay, 2 hrs faster than Orion you say: are you in a bonus center?

UPSER1987

What’s difficult to understand? I didn’t say pters are lazy.
It’s also possible for a non lazy person to make a “lazy” choice. We are not going to be perfect 100% of the time.
FT Drivers are not lazy human beings. Period. You want to know what lazy really means?? Go work somewhere else, like ANYWHERE else.
I don’t know about you’re center...but we got some lazy a** drivers here. Not some of the time..ALL of the time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would have loved to have you for a center manager. I would have walked EVERYTHING off. Worked strictly by the book. 20 stops would have been a 10 hour load for me. There is always 2 sides to every story. All we have heard on this one is Karens side.
we have been threatened a lot lately that we will have to call in for permission to back. Everyone is freaking out. I am laughing telling everyone i hope they try me. I will walk off every half mile driveway and they will be begging me to just back after 3 hours

Rack em

Made the Podium
we have been threatened a lot lately that we will have to call in for permission to back. Everyone is freaking out. I am laughing telling everyone i hope they try me. I will walk off every half mile driveway and they will be begging me to just back after 3 hours
Screw that, I wouldn't call anyone! I would get in a position where I have to back, and then DIAD MESSAGE asking to back. It would take me 3 stops max before they told me to back as much as I wanted. Gotta play the game.

I forgot to add, my center is very slow at responding to messages.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Screw that, I wouldn't call anyone! I would get in a position where I have to back, and then DIAD MESSAGE asking to back. It would take me 3 stops max before they told me to back as much as I wanted. Gotta play the game.
Oh i definitly would not be calling. Same I would just be messaging in if i did need to back. But i would walk everything off so that i knew i wouldnt have to back. Hell i have one driveway that is 2.1 miles lol

Rack em

Made the Podium
Oh i definitly would not be calling. Same I would just be messaging in if i did need to back. But i would walk everything off so that i knew i wouldnt have to back. Hell i have one driveway that is 2.1 miles lol
It's -11 degrees here right now, that would be a brutal walk for me lol

clean hairy

"You want me to call in for permission to back?" Where is my company issued cell phone so I can do that?"

Spanky250

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard lol.

I wish they would do that here. I'd just cart all 200 packages up to the Harley receiving door, all 100 to the stadium clubhouse, etc. Hell they'd have to take 40 or 50 stops off of me lol...

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard lol.

I wish they would do that here. I'd just cart all 200 packages up to the Harley receiving door, all 100 to the stadium clubhouse, etc. Hell they'd have to take 40 or 50 stops off of me lol...
Man you got a Harley Davidson on your route?? One of my favorite routes to cover had a Harley as the first stop of the day and would have 100+ all the time. 20 air all mixed in the middle of the floor.
Route would always go out with less than 300 pkgs, so you knew it was an easy day after the Harley stop. Guys would bump off it all the time cause they see the scary piece count in a smaller truck.
Easy, easy money. God bless Harley Davidson

Spanky250

Man you got a Harley Davidson on your route?? One of my favorite routes to cover had a Harley as the first stop of the day and would have 100+ all the time. 20 air all mixed in the middle of the floor.
Route would always go out with less than 300 pkgs, so you knew it was an easy day after the Harley stop. Guys would bump off it all the time cause they see the scary piece count in a smaller truck.
Easy, easy money. God bless Harley Davidson
My first two stops are Harley and the stadium. During spring training (starting now lol) I'll have over 300 packages delivered after those two lol.