UPS Man Gone Wild

Center manager gave a grandiose speech last week re: how we're no longer going to have to go help other drivers after finishing our own work. :lol: Said they're starting observations with the goal of reducing the center's atrocious overallowed turning all drivers into runner gunners. Guess I'll have to stop being such a slacker and bringing in it 10-20 clicks over.
Unless there is extenuating circumstances you should not have to go help another driver.
if someone is a slacker that should not be your problem.

Center manager gave a grandiose speech last week re: how we're no longer going to have to go help other drivers after finishing our own work. :lol: Said they're starting observations with the goal of reducing the center's atrocious overallowed turning all drivers into runner gunners. Guess I'll have to stop being such a slacker and bringing in it 10-20 clicks over.
Not helping 3+ times a week would be a career changer. A real career extender for sure.

Whither

Scofflaw
Unless there is extenuating circumstances you should not have to go help another driver.
if someone is a slacker that should not be your problem.
Agreed, and I frequently use the 'I decline extra work' and 'Have you asked everyone above me on the seniority list?' responses. Usually that's worked but sometimes I've been instructed to meet and take stops anyway. And of course the time studies on most commercial routes are bogus, so they're overdispatched

Whither

Scofflaw
Not helping 3+ times a week would be a career changer. A real career extender for sure.
Yup. I always file on 9.5 when I have a valid grievance, and several times I've gotten out of being 'instructed' by simply bringing up 9.5 and adding 'I will file'

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Before peak season, we were promised “no more 9.5’s” and “8 hour dispatches for everyone” in 2021. None of that actually happened, but observations sure have ramped up big time. Doofus supes are even driving out in the sticks to record drivers.

Yup. I always file on 9.5 when I have a valid grievance, and several times I've gotten out of being 'instructed' by simply bringing up 9.5 and adding 'I will file'
I work as instructed file 9.5 first then file running the operation by seniority. But it’s tougher now when I’m done @ 15:00 and 16:30 on a business rte.

Whither

Scofflaw
I work as instructed file 9.5 first then file running the operation by seniority. But it’s tougher now when I’m done @ 15:00 and 16:30 on a business rte.
I'm surprised they haven't piled resis on you if you're going out that light.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Agreed, and I frequently use the 'I decline extra work' and 'Have you asked everyone above me on the seniority list?' responses. Usually that's worked but sometimes I've been instructed to meet and take stops anyway. And of course the time studies on most commercial routes are bogus, so they're overdispatched

Maybe you should try this I know it sounds crazy

Slow the friend* down

browned_out

We had a driver in our building do something similar, they drove onto the property and made the delivery. As the driver was leaving and turning on the property, this driver didn’t notice the main electrical line to the house was slightly hanging low. As they proceeded to turn the electrical line is torn down and proceeds to start a fire, that eventually burns the house down.

This driver is still employed at UPS 😳

We had a driver in our building do something similar, they drove onto the property and made the delivery. As the driver was leaving and turning on the property, this driver didn’t notice the main electrical line to the house was slightly hanging low. As they proceeded to turn the electrical line is torn down and proceeds to start a fire, that eventually burns the house down.

Whither

Scofflaw
Maybe you should try this I know it sounds crazy

Slow the friend* down
Thanks for your concern, but I don't rush, cut corners, etc. Heavy stuff goes on the handcart, walk off most of my long drives, get in and out of the package car with 3 legit points of contact like they teach feeder drivers. My route is just about as easy as it gets. At most 10 businesses a day, 1 bulk stop, no pickup volume.

And honestly, I have few complaints since my building hired dozens of drivers by the end of last summer and we stopped going out with peak volume 3-4 days a week

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

A6058CFB-0FD3-40BC-BC1E-72E6B2623D22.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for your concern, but I don't rush, cut corners, etc. Heavy stuff goes on the handcart, walk off most of my long drives, get in and out of the package car with 3 legit points of contact like they teach feeder drivers. My route is just about as easy as it gets. At most 10 businesses a day, 1 bulk stop, no pickup volume.

And honestly, I have few complaints since my building hired dozens of drivers by the end of last summer and we stopped going out with peak volume 3-4 days a week

Guess you’ll just get to keep helping then