Ups Management asking drivers to delay retirement

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ohh-k

excuses are like
You know the rest

The complex where I live is mostly older people. They closed down the clubhouse which has the fitness center. Prior to that I was walking 2 miles on the treadmill every morning. I do walk on the bike path (weather permitting) but it is not nearly the same workout.

542thruNthru

We've had 2 guys retire in my center so far this year. Another retiring in 3 months and another retiring I believe end of Nov.

And one guy, and I'm sure every center has one. That says he's going to retire every year but never does.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yup----you have to catch OMJ before his afternoon nap.
I don't nap for some reason.
I usually go to bed around 4 a.m. and get up around Noon.
I had an emergency root canal yesterday so I didn't get up till 1:30 p.m. ... so that 1½ hours could be an afternoon nap.
$1200 out of pocket ... my Supplemental Dental insurance doesn't kick in until July 1st.
Medicare does not provide any dental coverage.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm thinking a lot of drivers who have planned to retire soon will rethink that based on their 401k tanking due to the "crisis".
Been retired 5 years and still haven't touched 401k. with the new age for RMD changed to 72 , still have another8 years to go. should recover by then orelse we willhave another stock market meltdown for some reason.

did the company say why they wanted driver to stay? volume? I thought costs of new drivers were less than old timers. Old drivers have all those vacations , have more sick days used., take FMLA more , etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been retired 5 years and still haven't touched 401k. with the new age for RMD changed to 72 , still have another8 years to go. should recover by then orelse we willhave another stock market meltdown for some reason.

did the company say why they wanted driver to stay? volume? I thought costs of new drivers were less than old timers. Old drivers have all those vacations , have more sick days used., take FMLA more , etc.

They also get :censored2: done

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Nfl ask players to delay retirement
12570.jpg

BrownBaggage

To those who can retire-
You did your time and now it’s time to retire with your pension and never look back. If you’re old enough to retire, covid will more than likely hit you harder than someone in their 20s and 30s. If you stick around and get sick, those that asked you to postpone your retirement won’t care at all.