UPS Not paying greivances???

wornoutupser

I have won many greivances in the last few months but UPS has yet to pay me one dime of what I am owed.
The policy book states that UPS pays its bills on time- should I send a bill to Atlanta to get paid?
My local BA says that he has greivances out for 5 months that have not yet been paid. I am in Florida-any other problem areas out there?

boodawg

I would get with your steward and if he's useless, call your local personally.The 1 and only time I had a problem, I let my steward know after about two weeks and he called the BA who in turn called the labor relations guy and I had my check in a week. And the center manager notified me afterwards that he got his but reamed for dropping the ball. Good luck

wornoutupser

Both the steward and the local BA are involved. UPS is simply sitting on the oney and refuses to pay up. I was wondering if this was a local problem with the labor manager in our area or a trend that has has started.
It is bad enough to have to file almost 10 greivances, win them because the company was wrong to begin with, then not get what you are owed.

S

speeddemon

This is only a preview of whats to come. UPS and our wonderful union are tight knit now. Our union cant survive without UPS, and they know it.

raceanoncr

The contract book states, "All monetary grievance settlements...shall be paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement". There is more. Read the contract, have your steward read the contract, have your BA read the contract, then file more grievances to get your money. We had that problem and the refiling cured it-QUICK!

LKLND3380

I have heard of this happening but I was also told that the money owed collects interest... You may end up getting more in the L O N G run.

boodawg

We have filed around $ 10,000 in grievences in the last six months and have only had one problem. Must be something local. I would try contacting the union at the national level and see what HOFFA can do. Its election time.