UPS opts out of Trump's tax deferral scheme

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Our taxes barely pay for any of that stuff.

Check the federal budget, schools roads police and fire are less than 5% of the budget.

The ENTIRE MILITARY is 16%

Over 60% of our tax dollars go to entitlement programs, like SS, medicare, food stamps and welfare. None of which actually help people.

And i agree the president doesnt have the authority to do that, the same as governors don’t have the authority to use a garden variety cold as an excuse to shut down its political oppositions businesses.
Social security and Medicare doesn’t help anybody?

get real

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Trump has no power to waive it whatsoever. He's speaking out of his ass, just like usual. His followers need to start fact checking the things he says. It's absolutely hilarious some of the things he says that those people eat up like it's coming from the mouth of Christ. The man isn't fit for the job - both mentally and figuratively. He's so far in over his head it's embarrassing. I look forward to the investigations and arrests during the next administration as well as all the documentaries/etc that will come up over the next decade or two from the past 4 years.

On topic though, there's really zero reason you would want the taxes taken out other than personal greed. Our taxes pay for so many different things (roads, police, fire, EMS, etc) as well as countless programs across the country. Why would you want to take that away when you've been working through the whole pandemic? There's literally zero reason for UPS to go ahead with the differal as it would only come back to bite us in the ass next year.
The difference between liberals and actually sane individuals is that we all know this is E ACTLY AS TRUE when mentioned towards Biden, and that tax deferrals and forgiveness, when aimed towards non-wealthy individuals. Is actually sane, humane, something you should be cheering for. Give up on defeating trump. It's about defeating a legacy of bad presidents spanning multiple decades and multiple wars.

El Correcto

god is dead
Trump has no power to waive it whatsoever. He's speaking out of his ass, just like usual. His followers need to start fact checking the things he says. It's absolutely hilarious some of the things he says that those people eat up like it's coming from the mouth of Christ. The man isn't fit for the job - both mentally and figuratively. He's so far in over his head it's embarrassing. I look forward to the investigations and arrests during the next administration as well as all the documentaries/etc that will come up over the next decade or two from the past 4 years.

On topic though, there's really zero reason you would want the taxes taken out other than personal greed. Our taxes pay for so many different things (roads, police, fire, EMS, etc) as well as countless programs across the country. Why would you want to take that away when you've been working through the whole pandemic? There's literally zero reason for UPS to go ahead with the differal as it would only come back to bite us in the ass next year.
I’m still voting for Trump you commie scum.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I’m still voting for Trump you commie scum.
I'm probably going to throw my vote away to the green candidate :sad:
There's still time for the Biden base to put up actual policies the "commie scum" would vote for but lmao he will never crawl a millimeter to the left.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm probably going to throw my vote away to the green candidate :sad:
There's still time for the Biden base to put up actual policies the "commie scum" would vote for but lmao he will never crawl a millimeter to the left.
Good for you, toss your garbage political opinion right in the trash. We gonna maga.

MattM

I hate surprises. Isn’t a deferral basically saying I didn’t withhold enough come April 15th, and I now owe Xx amount of money? It’s sort of a 7 month loan. But it has to be paid anyways.

that’s when you up your own extra withholdings to get yourself closest to break even.

Unless tax liabilities disappear, this is all a smoke screen.
One could always claim exempt on their w-4 and then pay the penalty come 4/15. Same premise.

El Correcto

god is dead
I hate surprises. Isn’t a deferral basically saying I didn’t withhold enough come April 15th, and I now owe Xx amount of money? It’s sort of a 7 month loan. But it has to be paid anyways.

that’s when you up your own extra withholdings to get yourself closest to break even.

Unless tax liabilities disappear, this is all a smoke screen.
One could always claim exempt on their w-4 and then pay the penalty come 4/15. Same premise.
So if I went out and did that, then they forgive people who did this through Trump’s program, I would get my tax debt forgiven as well?