UPS Overtime Questions

Big Heavy Package Handler

Alright can someone explain to me how overtime works for part timers. I get anything over 5 hours is overtime, but what about when you throw driver helping into the mix? I’ve heard many different things on this website and from people in my hub.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you work your normal shift then anything after 5 hours is OT. If you split shift like being a helper after then you get OT after 8 hours. At least that's how it is here.

If you work your normal shift then anything after 5 hours is OT. If you split shift like being a helper after then you get OT after 8 hours. At least that's how it is here.

It must be different for my hub, because I worked 7 and a half hours helping and 4 something hours on my normal shift one day and only had 0.22 overtime hours for the week.

It must be different for my hub, because I worked 7 and a half hours helping and 4 something hours on my normal shift one day and only had 0.22 overtime hours for the week.
That would be correct. You're in different classifications for each job.

So then what I get overtime after 5 for preload and after 8 for helping? Sounds to me like I’m getting screwed too.

Not the way that I read it.
You read it wrong. Copy and paste from the contract

I’m in Local 992, which I’m assuming is Mid Atlantic, but I honestly have no idea. I don’t know much about the union I just know my check doesn’t make any sense if we get overtime for anything over 5 and anything over 8 if you work both. I worked 13 hours one day and only got 0.22 hours of overtime.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I’m in Local 992, which I’m assuming is Mid Atlantic, but I honestly have no idea. I don’t know much about the union I just know my check doesn’t make any sense if we get overtime for anything over 5 and anything over 8 if you work both. I worked 13 hours one day and only got 0.22 hours of overtime.
driver helper and inside help are considered two seperate jobs. Anything on the inside over 5 hours is ot, anything over 8 on the outside is ot.

driver helper and inside help are considered two seperate jobs. Anything on the inside over 5 hours is ot, anything over 8 on the outside is ot.

Still doesn’t add up, bro. If that’s the case then I should have had a lot more than 1.5 hours of overtime working preload.