UPS Overtime

Re-Raise

710 s says Health and Welfare Insurance will be provided during the term of this Agreement as set forth in (2) attached and separate insurance policies described:

nothing about payments to the union for hours worked. Do you have to pay anything for insurance?

no i dont pay anything our contract says the employer agrees to make payments to the respective h&w funds for each employee performing work in this collective bargaining agreement ( contract)

ups79

re raise- if you r a teamster and i m sure you are, the union makes the payments to aetna and blue cross and they negotiate a plan for their members and pay the ins companie i also have blue cross

Wrong, Insurance is not out of local 710. Union members represented by 710 have our insurance through the company, not the union.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
What I don't understand is how nobody can figure out ups. Nothing makes sense at Ups. Cut a route to save miles but all those packages get delivered by someone else and they put those miles on other package car. All the drivers in my center are not taking layoff (working both shifts) so they still get all bennies, pension, vacation accrual. I finally gave up on trying to figure it out. I work when they need me and try to enjoy my life when I am not working. Remember we only get one crack at it and make it a good one.

sexyupsman

I thought FE drivers were contract workers. They get paid for the deliveries they do. So if they only do X amount of drops that is what they get paid for. Also, you cant be done until all packages are delivered. I do NOT work for UPS so I probably shouldnt comment on such things. Let the BIG MEN discuss such matters. Little 'ol me cant think about these things today or I will just go plum mad!:peaceful:

flltmmr

Its all spelled out in the contract located on the left of the cafe's home page. Package drivers top out during this contract without a cola at $32.20 an hour and feeder add a quarter more.

So if a driver has been driving for 15 yrs all he or she makes at the end of this contract is $32.20? Does that carry over into the next contract?

Re-Raise

So if a driver has been driving for 15 yrs all he or she makes at the end of this contract is $32.20? Does that carry over into the next contract?

I like it. How do we get this guy on our negotiating team for the next contract?

I refuse to work more than 1 1/2 minutes for a dollar.

pissedoffmanager

Except for a few service levels the USPS doesnt have a guarantee, so if its not done today...theres always tomorrow, a lot of FDX drivers dont work 8 hour days......plus the cost of benefits, more package cars, pension....thats the reasons i would think

Actually USPS does have a guarantee on certain service letters, but I wouldn't expect any Drewed response to check that fact before posting. You are 100% part time management and have no clue as to how the drivers feel or work. Stay PT you are suited for it, and one day in about 50 or so years, you may be ready for FT management drewed! :wink2:

Actually USPS does have a guarantee on certain service letters, but I wouldn't expect any Drewed response to check that fact before posting. You are 100% part time management and have no clue as to how the drivers feel or work. Stay PT you are suited for it, and one day in about 50 or so years, you may be ready for FT management drewed! :wink2:
Not that I am taking up for Drewed, because he does post from the hip alot. but, he said:
Except for a few service levels the USPS doesnt have a guarantee,
and you said:
USPS does have a guarantee on certain service letters
. Those two sentences say pretty much the same thing.