UPS Package Fail

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Those people on that side of the state don't even know where Pittsfield is. They don't venture west of Worcester because 1.They believe that Massachusetts ends at Worcester and 2. They're afraid of all the dragons that run wild out here.

I grew up about a half hour south of Worcester and it wasn't until I went to UMass-Amherst that I heard about Pittsfield.

9.5er

I ship several every year(Probably avg >1/month), never had one lost or damaged, you must be doing something wrong.
I wish I could say I did do something wrong. One of my lost packages was a NDA delivered to the wrong address. Never to be seen again. The latest was a call tag. Package was damaged in transit. It was a firearm I was sending in for warranty work. I was able to track it down in overgoods and eventually it made its way to the repair center. Two months later. Firearm was damaged beyond repair. Currently waiting for the replacement.

welovelogistics

What can brown do for you
Well this is good news. And yes I knew (but somewhat forgot) that UPS doesn't do anything on the weekends (with the exception of Saturday NDA's).

Attachments

• GOOD.JPG
    GOOD.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 160

welovelogistics

Those people on that side of the state don't even know where Pittsfield is. They don't venture west of Worcester because 1.They believe that Massachusetts ends at Worcester and 2. They're afraid of all the dragons that run wild out here.

Make it idiot proof and they'll invent a better idiot! :wacko:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

You deserve a medal for best signature!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Heck everyone knows that Massachusetts ends at Route 495 , anything beyond there is just wilderness .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wish I could say I did do something wrong. One of my lost packages was a NDA delivered to the wrong address. Never to be seen again. The latest was a call tag. Package was damaged in transit. It was a firearm I was sending in for warranty work. I was able to track it down in overgoods and eventually it made its way to the repair center. Two months later. Firearm was damaged beyond repair. Currently waiting for the replacement.
Quit using firearms as hammers .

welovelogistics

Finally got to the bottom of this.

So, my package didn't have the word "Road" in the street name AND somebody miskeyed in the ZIP Code as 01757 instead of 01257, thus explains this nightmare.

What can brown do for you?

What a nightmare this shipment has been. Praying it gets there by the end of the week.

welovelogistics

My consignee actually lives in an area you can barely see on street view. Purple & Orange managed to actually find the place first time, as did UPS the time before this. The place is so remote USPS only has PO Boxes in that town.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Finally got to the bottom of this.

So, my package didn't have the word "Road" in the street name AND somebody miskeyed in the ZIP Code as 01757 instead of 01257, thus explains this nightmare.

What can brown do for you?

What a nightmare this shipment has been. Praying it gets there by the end of the week.

So we didn't screw up!

Dr.Brownz

It could have been Clueless Lane
Clueless court
Clueless Place
Clueless Parkway
Clueless Loop
Clueless Loop Road
Clueless Drive
Clueless Way
Clueless View
Clueless Viewdrive
Clueless Avenue
Clueless Street

Or maybe

Clueless Road.

The driver doesn't know who you are and we have no time to play personal detective and track down people.

I'm guessing this guy works in the office in a department that is removed from operations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can you say the address was correct when you told us the address was incorrect??

He is saying that he put down the correct address on the shipping form but that the person who processed the package entered the zip code incorrectly. This is why it is imperative to verify the information that has been entered before you leave the shipping store.