UPS Package or has it become UPS Freight

barnyard

KTM rider
Between this week and last, I have had 4 that were over 8 feet long. My 1st stop is a shipper and we measured them. They want to know why they cannot ship stuff that long.

It appears that trampoline season has started. 2-140 lb boxes per set. I HATE trampolines.

MrBrown

I understand what the contract says, that being said im not a vagina. Delivering a 100+ Lb package isnt that difficult if you use existing equipment. And being a driver who in the past who was about to punch out then had to drive to help some mary with a 80lb package its just not me. You cant deliver a 100lb package, fine, thats within your rights. Dont expect me to come help you.

livin the dream

I understand what the contract says, that being said im not a vagina. Delivering a 100+ Lb package isnt that difficult if you use existing equipment. And being a driver who in the past who was about to punch out then had to drive to help some mary with a 80lb package its just not me. You cant deliver a 100lb package, fine, thats within your rights. Dont expect me to come help you.
you'll help if you're told to

Box Ox

Not sure how some of you differentiate between refusing to deliver a package and refusing to help someone.

One is based on objective size/weight criteria per the Contract. The other is refusing to work as directed when your instructions are not a violation of the Contract.

oldrps

Not much incentive for mgmt to stop these:

Over Maximum Limits
  • Packages with an actual weight of more than 150 pounds, or that exceed 108 inches in length, or exceed a total of 165 inches in length plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined, as measured to determine their billable weight, are not accepted for transportation.
  • If found in the UPS system, they are subject to additional charges.
  • Refer to the “UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States” for more information.
  • $500.00 per package

Box Ox

Not much incentive for mgmt to stop these:

Over Maximum Limits
  • Packages with an actual weight of more than 150 pounds, or that exceed 108 inches in length, or exceed a total of 165 inches in length plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined, as measured to determine their billable weight, are not accepted for transportation.
  • If found in the UPS system, they are subject to additional charges.
  • Refer to the “UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States” for more information.
  • $500.00 per package

Article 44 of the master says differently

"Packages over 150 pounds shall not be picked up. However, if such
a package is discovered in the UPS system, the package shall not be
handled by a bargaining unit employee unless such package can be
reasonably broken down into packages which do not exceed 70
pounds."

Package movement should be stopped and a freight company contacted and shipper charged to move the package