UPS Package or has it become UPS Freight

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Has it always been multiple 12 foot pieces, multiple over 100lbs packages in car? Seems like it has become freight cars instead of package cars.
Lady had a sign today “UPS - take package upstairs to front door” it was a giant overweight bow flex. Backed into driveway and to the garage it went! NO CUSTOMER WILL QUESTION OUR SAFETY!

MrBrown

Had two 6x6” x 10’ 140 lb pkgs today all crated up in plywood. Like how one of them was loaded on top of other boxes crushing them. I recently delivered a pkg to a commercial stop that said something like 168lbs. I commented to the receiver that i thought our limit was 150. He said no, just got to pay more. Still wont request help from another driver to deliver over weights.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I killed myself on tuesday digging over irregs to get a single bag loaded into a pc. Today I just loaded 10 of my own boxline cages with irregs. Gave my supervisor a heart attack when I pulled them all out at 8:30 and made a solid wall of em.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had two 6x6” x 10’ 140 lb pkgs today all crated up in plywood. Like how one of them was loaded on top of other boxes crushing them. I recently delivered a pkg to a commercial stop that said something like 168lbs. I commented to the receiver that i thought our limit was 150. He said no, just got to pay more. Still wont request help from another driver to deliver over weights.
Our limit is 150. If you see anything heavier than that you sheet it as Non delivery-overweight and bring it back to the center. If people keep letting stuff like this slide they will expect it from all of us. Ups cannot make you deliver anything over 150lbs so don't do it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our limit is 150. If you see anything heavier than that you sheet it as Non delivery-overweight and bring it back to the center. If people keep letting stuff like this slide they will expect it from all of us. Ups cannot make you deliver anything over 150lbs so don't do it!

The rule of thumb is that if it makes it all the way to the center it will be put out for delivery.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The rule of thumb is that if it makes it all the way to the center it will be put out for delivery.
I don't care what the company says. Our contract has the limit to 150lbs so I WILL NOT deliver anything over that. Not a damn thing Ups can do about it. The customer can come pick that :censored2: up at the center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't care what the company says. Our contract has the limit to 150lbs so I WILL NOT deliver anything over that. Not a damn thing Ups can do about it. The customer can come pick that :censored2: up at the center.

...at which point they would send out a real man to get the job done...

Don’t you find it exhausting to constantly hide behind the contract?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Article 44 of the master says differently

"Packages over 150 pounds shall not be picked up. However, if such
a package is discovered in the UPS system, the package shall not be
handled by a bargaining unit employee unless such package can be
reasonably broken down into packages which do not exceed 70
pounds."

Package movement should be stopped and a freight company contacted and shipper charged to move the package

Rack em

Made the Podium
...at which point they would send out a real man to get the job done...

Don’t you find it exhausting to constantly hide behind the contract?
A "real" man by your standards wouldn't be able to do this job for 30 years by delivering over 150lbs packages all day you maroon. You gain nothing by attempting to act tough by delivering a heavy ass box. I have a career to think about, not delivering some ladies new bedroom set.