UPS Package or has it become UPS Freight

wayfair

swollen member
We've had a mattress that made it to our building that's been leaning against a wall for 3 months. It is definitely over sized, and over weight. Mgt. has asked if anyone wants it. I guess the shipper said eff it. Lol

I had a call tag to pick up an amazon return, 86 pounder.. I get there and see that it's a mattress, the customer says "we couldn't get back in the box, so they told us to just keep it"
way to go Amazon!

dudebro

Not much incentive for mgmt to stop these:

Over Maximum Limits
  • Packages with an actual weight of more than 150 pounds, or that exceed 108 inches in length, or exceed a total of 165 inches in length plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined, as measured to determine their billable weight, are not accepted for transportation.
  • If found in the UPS system, they are subject to additional charges.
  • Refer to the “UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States” for more information.
  • $500.00 per package
Maybe not, but it IS incentive for the customer.

MrBrown

Or you refuse and say no and make it clear you arent willing to help a certain driver and they ask someone who will “wad”. thing is i will deliver overweights. I dont complain anymore about my load. I deliver whats given to me and i go home. I make sups lives easier and they return in kind. So, yes, i will refuse and nothing will come of it. Granted i work at a small building and for the most part everyone gets along. Its not a hostile work environment. You couldnt pay me enough to work at a hub. Enjoy your ot and 60 hrs a week. Ill keep enjoying my life away from ups.

Box Ox

thing is i will deliver overweights. I dont complain anymore about my load. I deliver whats given to me and i go home.

Cool. How much time left until you can retire? Physical problems aren’t an issue until they are. Never expect it to be you when you’re a big stud. You might come to regret this outlook.

I make sups lives easier and they return in kind.

How do they do that?

MrBrown

Im in much better shape both phsically and mentally since i started driving. My back used to hurt all the time before i started slinging packages. My back never hurts anymore. Using your body, responsibly, is good for you. And to your second question id say being able to bang off if i want to. Again, i dont work at a hub, if i need to take a day off i can usually get it. And obviously i could just call in if i really needed to. If a bunch of guys are looking for the day off and youre one of the drivers that makes things run smoothly who do you think is gonna get it. Thats just one example, i could mention others. Life at a small center is very different than working at a hub. When i was low man on the totem pole i spent some time at ahub. It was a nightmare. If you havent worked at a small building you have no idea

MrBrown

Guess im just lucky then. My building is great, yes days are heavy, I completely filled an 800 during pickups. Still only worked 9 hrs. And i mean tetris style competely filled one. Roughly 300 pieces many of which were large

MrBrown

A little over 5 years, i know not much but im not a young buck. Try hanging high abuse board drywall or core board 8 hrs a day. These packages arent :censored2:. Ive blown out my back two herniated discs hanging board in the carpenters union for years. Delivering the ocassional overweight package really isnt that big of deal to me.

MrBrown

Similar to mine. I guess how things are managed makes all the difference. Shocker. Love my building. My management team is great.

El Correcto

god is dead
A little over 5 years, i know not much but im not a young buck. Try hanging high abuse board drywall or core board 8 hrs a day. These packages arent :censored2:. Ive blown out my back two herniated discs hanging board in the carpenters union for years. Delivering the ocassional overweight package really isnt that big of deal to me.
I love people like this. The older folk who get the job and feel so thankful because they weren’t discriminated against for being a grandpa. Also that this generation is so lazy and ungrateful attitude. They never file grievances and get ran over in hubs. Always out late and never take a lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love people like this. The older folk who get the job and feel so thankful because they weren’t discriminated against for being a grandpa. Also that this generation is so lazy and ungrateful attitude. They never file grievances and get ran over in hubs. Always out late and never take a lunch.

One of our biggest runners is a guy that didn't start until about 45. His route has about 20 more stops than it had when he took it over a year ago. He never gets his 8 hour requests because he won't bring stuff back. He's always worried about something and going faster faster faster. Always in his truck before start time.

El Correcto

god is dead
One of our biggest runners is a guy that didn't start until about 45. His route has about 20 more stops than it had when he took it over a year ago. He never gets his 8 hour requests because he won't bring stuff back. He's always worried about something and going faster faster faster. Always in his truck before start time.
Hey if they want to devote their lunch time to delivering splits off my truck, who am I to deny them that pleasure?