UPS Package or has it become UPS Freight

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Article 44 of the master says differently

"Packages over 150 pounds shall not be picked up. However, if such
a package is discovered in the UPS system, the package shall not be
handled by a bargaining unit employee unless such package can be
reasonably broken down into packages which do not exceed 70
pounds."

Package movement should be stopped and a freight company contacted and shipper charged to move the package

...and the reality is once it makes it to the center level it is either put on road or the customer is called to come and pick it up...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver who is no longer with the company who steadfastly refused to deliver a 71 lb pkg by himself. It wasn't as though he couldnt do-------he was a former All State wrestler-----it was that he wouldnt do it.

No one is advocating that you put yourself in harms way but with the proper use of existing equipment it is possible to safely deliver Over 70's by yourself.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We had a driver who is no longer with the company who steadfastly refused to deliver a 71 lb pkg by himself. It wasn't as though he couldnt do-------he was a former All State wrestler-----it was that he wouldnt do it.

No one is advocating that you put yourself in harms way but with the proper use of existing equipment it is possible to safely deliver Over 70's by yourself.
That dude's a hero.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This is the problem , because we all know ups charges them and they don't take it out the system
They also get charged the freight charges IF, and that is a big if. The local management team does what they are supposed to do, but if people keep handling the packages. They won't

Turdferguson

Just a turd
...and the reality is once it makes it to the center level it is either put on road or the customer is called to come and pick it up...
Maybe where you are. There is no problem with them coming to UPS to pick it up. They do that here. We will not touch it, or help them with it, but it won't go out on road. If they wont come and get them, then freight is called and the shipper is charged the freight bill in addition to the extra UPS fees. Stand up for your rights

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That dude's a hero.

Your "hero" was fired for "borrowing" a peel off 1Z label from one of his pickup accounts to return a personal package. The only reason the shipper knew about it was when the package was returned as refused (No RA#) and they called UPS to complain.

Your "hero" was fired for theft of services.

El Correcto

god is dead
Your "hero" was fired for "borrowing" a peel off 1Z label from one of his pickup accounts to return a personal package. The only reason the shipper knew about it was when the package was returned as refused (No RA#) and they called UPS to complain.

Your "hero" was fired for theft of services.
That’s dumb. Refusing to lift irregs even onto a dolly isn’t. It’s easier just to go along to get along at this company for most.

JackStraw

We've had a mattress that made it to our building that's been leaning against a wall for 3 months. It is definitely over sized, and over weight. Mgt. has asked if anyone wants it. I guess the shipper said eff it. Lol

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I understand what the contract says, that being said im not a vagina. Delivering a 100+ Lb package isnt that difficult if you use existing equipment. And being a driver who in the past who was about to punch out then had to drive to help some mary with a 80lb package its just not me. You cant deliver a 100lb package, fine, thats within your rights. Dont expect me to come help you.
Bologna
You will work as directed

Nike

Some really out there comments in this thread.
Over 150s destroy other packages, remember that cell phone you ordered? Sorry it got busted by a 175lb steel drum.
Lifting something over 150 could seriously mess you up if you're not careful, could actually sue the company potentially if UPS didn't care or help.
Last time I checked we have female loaders and drivers, are they supposed to "man up" too and lift those over 150s?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I understand what the contract says, that being said im not a vagina. Delivering a 100+ Lb package isnt that difficult if you use existing equipment. And being a driver who in the past who was about to punch out then had to drive to help some mary with a 80lb package its just not me. You cant deliver a 100lb package, fine, thats within your rights. Dont expect me to come help you.

Unless the boss says go help Jimmy deliver that 80lb box

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Has it always been multiple 12 foot pieces, multiple over 100lbs packages in car? Seems like it has become freight cars instead of package cars.
tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I had one today that of course said 149 on the label...the box had all the specs on it and it said 227...I asked For help and of course no response...guess it’s missed oh man sucks