Ups parking ticket and sups working

Siveriano

I once parked on a corner, the person helping people cross the street told me to move but i ignored her, I was up the block when i saw a cop car behind me with the lights on and everything, when i came back like 30 minutes after, the cop was gone and left me a ticket on the door, at out center they told us that UPS prepaid those tickets so not to worry about it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I once parked on a corner, the person helping people cross the street told me to move but i ignored her, I was up the block when i saw a cop car behind me with the lights on and everything, when i came back like 30 minutes after, the cop was gone and left me a ticket on the door, at out center they told us that UPS prepaid those tickets so not to worry about it.
UPS just pays a flat fee for tickets. Part of doing the business in a city.

Tickets are about revenue. I would get multiple tickets parked in the same location. I had a meter maid know my schedule, wait inside the store for the truck to arrive, then proceed to issue a ticket.
If you get a ticket….leave it on the car until you leave….. prevents multiple tickets at the same location.

Cops don’t issue parking tickets here. Only moving violations.

Last One In

No one seems to answered about supervisors working: Article 3, Section 7 of the master contract.
In my center we rarely use the Master Agreement for a grievance unless there is no other language for that particular grievance. We always try to use our regional contract and our local rider. You should have a contract book and the BA should have given you your local rider, too. They have an index. You should be able to find the language. Should say something about bargaining unit work shall only be performed by bargaining unit employees. What region are you in? Google your contract.

542thruNthru

In my center we rarely use the Master Agreement for a grievance unless there is no other language for that particular grievance. We always try to use our regional contract and our local rider. You should have a contract book and the BA should have given you your local rider, too. They have an index. You should be able to find the language. Should say something about bargaining unit work shall only be performed by bargaining unit employees. What region are you in? Google your contract.
And what supplemental and local rider are you under?

542thruNthru

Why is that important to answering his question?
Well I was confused. He didn't ask a question and seemed to have answered a question. The supervisor working article is Article 3.7 in the NMA.

You told him that you rarely use the NMA language and use supplemental/local rider language. I was curious where in your supp/local rider it addresses sups working and the penalty for it. The way you said it made it sound like he was doing something wrong and needs to read his contract.

This is why I asked what you were under so I could read your sup working language and compare.

Last One In

Well I was confused. He didn't ask a question and seemed to have answered a question. The supervisor working article is Article 3.7 in the NMA.

You told him that you rarely use the NMA language and use supplemental/local rider language. I was curious where in your supp/local rider it addresses sups working and the penalty for it. The way you said it made it sound like he was doing something wrong and needs to read his contract.

This is why I asked what you were under so I could read your sup working language and compare.
I didn't mean to come off as if he is doing something wrong. Just telling how we do things here. Maybe I shouldn't discuss things with a migraine. LOL.

Section 2
The Employer agrees that the function of supervisors is the super-
vision of employees and not the performance of the work of the
employees they supervise.
Accordingly, the parties agree that supervisors will not perform the
work of the parties they supervise except during training, demon-
stration and safety education. The Employer will have the right to
monitor and inspect the employees’ work.
The training of new employees or unqualified employees: the im-
mediate area shall mean the entire assigned work area (a preload
work area means the number of cars a qualified employee would be
loading). However, in cross training and/or training of a previously
qualified employee the supervisor must train beside the hourly em-
ployee. This supervisor shall not perform bargaining unit work at
the same time as the previously qualified employee.
It is understood that after making all reasonable efforts to use bar-
gaining unit employees to perform bargaining unit work, the Em-
ployer may use any other temporary means of covering this work
with UPS personnel.