UPS PROJECTED PROFIT INCREASE DUE TO NEW TAX PLAN

browned out

I HOPE THE TEAMSTERS WILL ASSERTAIN WHAT UPS EXPECTS THE IMPACT OF THE NEW TAX LAW TO HAVE ON UPS'S BOTTOM LINE. THEY SHOULD EVEN BE ABLE TO RUN A PROJECTION BASED ON LAST YEARS UPS FINANCIALS.

THE TEAMSTERS ALSO NEED TO ASK WHAT PROJECTED REVENUE INCREASE WILL RESULT FROM IMPLEMENTING THE NO SIGN AT BUSINESSES OR CHARGE FOR SIGNATURE CHANGE.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I HOPE THE TEAMSTERS WILL ASSERTAIN WHAT UPS EXPECTS THE IMPACT OF THE NEW TAX LAW TO HAVE ON UPS'S BOTTOM LINE. THEY SHOULD EVEN BE ABLE TO RUN A PROJECTION BASED ON LAST YEARS UPS FINANCIALS.

THE TEAMSTERS ALSO NEED TO ASK WHAT PROJECTED REVENUE INCREASE WILL RESULT FROM IMPLEMENTING THE NO SIGN AT BUSINESSES OR CHARGE FOR SIGNATURE CHANGE.
Exactly why we should not settle for less than 7% a year. Half for UPS, half for us! The company will save close to 1 billion in taxes alone.

wide load

Not that I am disagreeing, but what happens when/if the tax is reversed? We going to take a benefit cut?
Well, I’m guessing for the next 3 years at least, we won’t see a tax hike. We would have to readdress that after this contract. If UPS is making record profits, no reason we shouldn’t be owed less than what we deserve.

upschuck

Well, I’m guessing for the next 3 years at least, we won’t see a tax hike. We would have to readdress that after this contract. If UPS is making record profits, no reason we shouldn’t be owed less than what we deserve.
Maybe sure up the pensions, signing bonus on top of all else, or something like that. A one time thing would be much better than an ongoing thing, because then we'd have people complaining concessions, once it goes away.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Exactly why we should not settle for less than 7% a year. Half for UPS, half for us! The company will save close to 1 billion in taxes alone.
I’m going to guess that the first thing out of ups’ mouth is that 1 billion has been eaten up by new buildings going on line and money going into new technology...they used to talk about financial happenings in regards to the company at pcms when I was a pter in the early 90’s.. now I never hear a word about how the company is doing...and there’s a reason for that

I’m going to guess that the first thing out of ups’ mouth is that 1 billion has been eaten up by new buildings going on line and money going into new technology...they used to talk about financial happenings in regards to the company at pcms when I was a pter in the early 90’s.. now I never hear a word about how the company is doing...and there’s a reason for that
But they are publicly traded now. And can't hide all of that stuff

Last edited:

wide load

I would say, that should have been included in the 55 billion they use to run the company.

Indecisi0n

You need to not type in all caps. This is clearly stated in site rules.

-mod

browned out

UPS corporate tax rate will be cut from approximately 32% to the new permanent corporate tax rate of 21%. I think this will save UPS approximately 170 million dollars annually.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS corporate tax rate will be cut from approximately 32% to the new permanent corporate tax rate of 21%. I think this will save UPS approximately 170 million dollars annually.
fedex is expected to save 1.5 billion, ups will be more

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
8 to 10 billion a year...

Not even close.

You do realize that the Corporate Tax Rate is based on profit, not gross income, don't you?

In 2016, they paid roughly $1.7B in Corporate Tax, roughly 34%

Dropping that rate to the new Corporate Rate for 2018, 21% will save UPS roughly $650M a year.

That is nothing to sneeze at, but nowhere near your 8 to 10 billion a year, but enough to give every employee a $1500/yr bonus, if they so choose.