UPS PROJECTED PROFIT INCREASE DUE TO NEW TAX PLAN

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by browned out, Jan 13, 2018.

1. browned out

browned out Active Member

I HOPE THE TEAMSTERS WILL ASSERTAIN WHAT UPS EXPECTS THE IMPACT OF THE NEW TAX LAW TO HAVE ON UPS'S BOTTOM LINE. THEY SHOULD EVEN BE ABLE TO RUN A PROJECTION BASED ON LAST YEARS UPS FINANCIALS.

THE TEAMSTERS ALSO NEED TO ASK WHAT PROJECTED REVENUE INCREASE WILL RESULT FROM IMPLEMENTING THE NO SIGN AT BUSINESSES OR CHARGE FOR SIGNATURE CHANGE.

2. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Exactly why we should not settle for less than 7% a year. Half for UPS, half for us! The company will save close to 1 billion in taxes alone.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Not that I am disagreeing, but what happens when/if the tax is reversed? We going to take a benefit cut?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Gumby

Gumby *

7% might cover health care.

Maybe

5. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

AND ALWAYS VOICE YOUR WRITTEN CONCERNS IN ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE A SERIOUS PERSON WITH A REASONABLE OPINION.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. wide load

Well, I’m guessing for the next 3 years at least, we won’t see a tax hike. We would have to readdress that after this contract. If UPS is making record profits, no reason we shouldn’t be owed less than what we deserve.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Maybe sure up the pensions, signing bonus on top of all else, or something like that. A one time thing would be much better than an ongoing thing, because then we'd have people complaining concessions, once it goes away.

8. Gumby

Gumby *

They are making record profits without the tax cuts.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Coldworld

Coldworld President and CEO of StrikeBunker Inc.

I’m going to guess that the first thing out of ups’ mouth is that 1 billion has been eaten up by new buildings going on line and money going into new technology...they used to talk about financial happenings in regards to the company at pcms when I was a pter in the early 90’s.. now I never hear a word about how the company is doing...and there’s a reason for that

10. Gumby

Gumby *

But they are publicly traded now. And can't hide all of that stuff

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. wide load

I would say, that should have been included in the 55 billion they use to run the company.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

You need to not type in all caps. This is clearly stated in site rules.

-mod

13. Coldworld

Coldworld President and CEO of StrikeBunker Inc.

Got to pay for senior level mgt bonuses with something....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

15. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

8 to 10 billion a year...

16. browned out

browned out Active Member

UPS corporate tax rate will be cut from approximately 32% to the new permanent corporate tax rate of 21%. I think this will save UPS approximately 170 million dollars annually.

17. wide load

How?

18. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

fedex is expected to save 1.5 billion, ups will be more

19. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

They were paying up to 35% now will be 21%. That’s 14% savings. 14% is .14x60 billion(2016 final Revenue)= 8.4 billion.

20. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Not even close.

You do realize that the Corporate Tax Rate is based on profit, not gross income, don't you?

In 2016, they paid roughly $1.7B in Corporate Tax, roughly 34%

Dropping that rate to the new Corporate Rate for 2018, 21% will save UPS roughly $650M a year.

That is nothing to sneeze at, but nowhere near your 8 to 10 billion a year, but enough to give every employee a $1500/yr bonus, if they so choose.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List