UPS PROJECTED PROFIT INCREASE DUE TO NEW TAX PLAN

dudebro

You don't have to know anything, as long as you just keep saying "Record Profits!" No one thinks beyond that point anyway.

If someone utters a number and it makes your eyes glaze over, you just yell, "Those are the Company's numbers, do you believe that?"

Surprisingly effective, and math free.

Their net profit or their actual profit made before they started spending it on infrastructure, technology (to reduce the workforce and hours thereof), etc, etc, etc?
It was allegedly 9 billion in 2016 not <>5 bil. So it is not "doubling" as you assert. How many of us (bargaining unit) actually know the true profit amount? I would say there are a very few that have a close hypothesis.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Their net profit or their actual profit made before they started spending it on infrastructure, technology (to reduce the workforce and hours thereof), etc, etc, etc?

Maybe you need to take a business tax class so that you find the answer?

It was allegedly 9 billion in 2016 not <>5 bil.

Are you saying that UPS lied on its financial statement? That's a pretty serious charge.

So it is not "doubling" as you assert.

Well, almost doubling, but not quite.

How many of us (bargaining unit) actually know the true profit amount?

Look it up. Easy.

Here, I'll help you out. Look at the picture.

I would say there are a very few that have a close hypothesis.

Run the numbers.

Actually, their financial report tells you exactly how much tax they paid, at the old corporate rate.

Now do the math and calculate their tax at the new corporate rate and subtract.

But, yes, we are not sure what their profit will be for 2018. We can only estimate.

Their tax saving in 2016 would have been around $750M, so if they make a little more this year, we can "hypothesize" that their tax savings will be between $750M and $1B.

It's not that difficult.

UPS Profit.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

Maybe you need to take a business tax class so that you find the answer?

Are you saying that UPS lied on its financial statement? That's a pretty serious charge.

Well, almost doubling, but not quite.

Look it up. Easy.

Here, I'll help you out. Look at the picture.

Run the numbers.

Actually, their financial report tells you exactly how much tax they paid, at the old corporate rate.

Now do the math and calculate their tax at the new corporate rate and subtract.

But, yes, we are not sure what their profit will be for 2018. We can only estimate.

Their tax saving in 2016 would have been around $750M, so if they make a little more this year, we can "hypothesize" that their tax savings will be between $750M and $1B.

It's not that difficult.

View attachment 180567
If i clear $100,000.00 in my business in 2016 and before the end of the yr i buy a ton of groceries for $50,000.00 in theory i made $50,000.00 but it was my choice to spend the capitol. My actual net profit was still $100,000.00 before i horded groceries.
Its really not that hard.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If i clear $100,000.00 in my business in 2016 and before the end of the yr i buy a ton of groceries for $50,000.00 in theory i made $50,000.00 but it was my choice to spend the capitol. My actual net profit was still $100,000.00 before i horded groceries.
Its really not that hard.

You obviously don't understand business tax law.

That's OK.

That's why most companies leave it to the professionals.