UPS Retirement Package - Life Insurance

Starfish

I am reaching out to see if anyone else who retired did not receive any life insurance forms in their packet and did not sign up to continue their basic and supplemental life insurance? Turns out there are NO forms included and you have to request a packet from 2 different insurance companies. Since no forms were included, I missed this deadline. I signed up for medical, dental, and vision, but did not realize what had to be done for Life Insurance. The only way to know how to continue or port over your basic life and supplemental insurance is to call the carrier to request a packet. Seems like it should be included or automatically sent to you upon retirement. If there would have been some type of forms in the retirement packet for insurance portability to complete I would have never missed this very important detail. Just curious if this happened to anyone else?

Shiftless

What region were you a Teamster?

I knew nothing of a Life Insurance I could continue when I retired 15 plus years ago.

Am I too late?

I am reaching out to see if anyone else who retired did not receive any life insurance forms in their packet and did not sign up to continue their basic and supplemental life insurance? Turns out there are NO forms included and you have to request a packet from 2 different insurance companies. Since no forms were included, I missed this deadline. I signed up for medical, dental, and vision, but did not realize what had to be done for Life Insurance. The only way to know how to continue or port over your basic life and supplemental insurance is to call the carrier to request a packet. Seems like it should be included or automatically sent to you upon retirement. If there would have been some type of forms in the retirement packet for insurance portability to complete I would have never missed this very important detail. Just curious if this happened to anyone else?
My friend that retired this year said that the life insurance is so expensive it's not worth keeping because you don't get the group rate anymore

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Check out Geico's life insurance site. You enter some basic info and they give you all kinds of quotes, whole life, term, universal, etc.

Shiftless

I carried term life insurance when I was young. Stopped it when I retired.

Even tho I knew there was some small life insurance policy thru the UPS/Teamster it really had no significant value to me.

I have/still do a lot of hobbies and sports that can kill you and did not want to leave my wife stranded in the event I died while
we were raising our kids. Fortunately thru due diligence and having a financial plan, life insurance was no longer in the plan for us.

I am amazed when I speak to young guys who have wife and kids who are still super active in things that can alter a families life in the event something goes terribly wrong!

quad decade guy

I carried term life insurance when I was young. Stopped it when I retired.

Even tho I knew there was some small life insurance policy thru the UPS/Teamster it really had no significant value to me.

I have/still do a lot of hobbies and sports that can kill you and did not want to leave my wife stranded in the event I died while
we were raising our kids. Fortunately thru due diligence and having a financial plan, life insurance was no longer in the plan for us.

I am amazed when I speak to young guys who have wife and kids who are still super active in things that can alter a families life in the event something goes terribly wrong!

We got life insurance when my daughter was born. I'm a private pilot so it cost extra all these years. But I made sure it would provide enough to get my wife through paying the house off and getting my daughter a college degree. Now, it would just be a nice bonus. BTW, yes - I would be covered in a non-commercial aircraft accident. Most plans do not cover this.