UPS says Yes to Saturday Ground.

mrbrownstone

The only thing keeping me with UPS is the insurance and Monday through Friday schedule. Being low in senority if I'm forced on to a Tuesday through Saturday schedule I will be parting ways.

I've got little kids at home and my weekend time with them is worth more than anything.

I wonder how soon we will be notified of this. I know my contract says they are required to give is a 48 notice of start time changes but I'm not sure how far in advance we would get a big achedule change notice like this. Anyone know?

542thruNthru

The only thing keeping me with UPS is the insurance and Monday through Friday schedule. Being low in senority if I'm forced on to a Tuesday through Saturday schedule I will be parting ways.

I've got little kids at home and my weekend time with them is worth more than anything.

I wonder how soon we will be notified of this. I know my contract says they are required to give is a 48 notice of start time changes but I'm not sure how far in advance we would get a big achedule change notice like this. Anyone know?

We've had 7 guys that I know of say almost the exact same thing. It will be interesting how many will follow through with it. A few have wives that work Saturdays and need to be home because daycare is closed on weekends.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It would make sense for ups to just use pt drivers to deliver. Both financial sense and to keep drivers moral high.

Great chance for the pt guys to get experience and no reason to pay them 35hr.

I asked my BA about this. I said why not have a "Q" list for package drivers that could work saturdays and keep the full time guys off saturdays? He said the union wanted to do this, but UPS wanted to have a special Saturday ground rate. Not regular top rate. They would then be able to hold loads Friday, cut trips on full timers, and load up on Saturday ground for 20$ an hour or whatever their Saturday rate was gonna be. The union would not go for this and it makes sense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was just saying what may happen. Fact of the matter is we aren't sure exactly what they're going to do. Thing to remember is that on typical Mondays, a center may cut 10% of routes. Yet, much more than 10% of drivers will be working Saturdays. This means that either a bunch of guys would be doing 6 days or they would expand the driver force and then create a rotating scheduling system where guys are off on every weekday.
They are gonna cut way more than 10% on Mondays. Hell they cut more than that now.

There isn't going to be anything left to deliver on Mondays. Monday's are gonna be brutal.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They are gonna cut way more than 10% on Mondays. Hell they cut more than that now.

There isn't going to be anything left to deliver on Mondays. Monday's are gonna be brutal.
They say they gonna combine 3 routes into one on mondays. I don't know how anyone will be able to get airs off in time and do pickups.

Brownslave688

If this had happened 5 years ago I would of jumped ship to heavy machinery operator in a hurry.

Now I'm kind of in no mans land seniority and age wise.

Brownslave688

They say they gonna combine 3 routes into one on mondays. I don't know how anyone will be able to get airs off in time and do pickups.
Gonna be a lot of pissed off pick up accounts.

Oh I'm sorry I'm here at 11am for your 4:30 pm pick up but that's how it's gonna be on Mondays now.