UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No :censored2:, sherlock. Declaring a place a "gun-free zone" isn't the same as actually doing something to prevent guns from being brought in. By supporting "gun-free zone" doublespeak, you become part of the problem.

Schools are gun-free zones. Movie theatres are gun free zones. Government buildings are gun free zones. Where have the shootings been occurring? In gun free zones. Often using controlled/banned weapons.

Mention the word"guns" and the nuts show up

It's almost like magic

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Empires attitude in my opinion , is , we pay them enough , they should be able to handle the stress and put up with it !
The Teamsters keep asking for more and more raises.
That means UPS expects more.
If one gets paid 150% more than the value of their efforts, you're going to have to work around 50% harder than the average job.

Trackless in brown

Obviously the 80's are gone. They hired you didn't they? Yes I talked crap and called drivers wimps, non hackers, weak sisters, blind kittens, worthless future fed ex drivers. This was and still is a difficult job. Btw do you even know what 50 liners are? Yellow call tags? fur call box,
carbon paper, paper time cards, sheeting stops by actually writing with a pen. how about EVERY package car was manual shift. Still with me rookie? No cell phones use a 800 number from a pay phone. does TLA ring a bell? 15 stop ride alongs once a month, Time study? Go back to your safe space and get that FedEx resume ready, 'cause you will never retire here
This TOOL reminds me of those think there badass macho on road sups who when riding with you will literately take off his seat-belt and jump out of the truck before even put the truck in park( I love sitting and laughing to myself as the TOOL leaps!) Another useless no people skills monkey SUP...

l

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Teamsters keep asking for more and more raises.
That means UPS expects more.
If one gets paid 150% more than the value of their efforts, you're going to have to work around 50% harder than the average job.
When you work a person above and beyond what the average joe on the street can do, and belittle and criticize every aspect of their day , you pay the man !!
When you sit in an air conditioned or well heated meeting room , think about how you'd answer to your mother on how some people have been treated !!
Not a personal attack on you Monkey , just my thoughts !

extranatty

Mention the word"guns" and the nuts show up

It's almost like magic

It's just people with a conscience. Gun control has been proved over and over again not to fix anything -- but certain political parties still present it as an absolute solution to win votes. If you look at the CIA's statistics on the subject, the answer is obvious, but I'd be banned for stating it.

I wish I saw an argument for gun control that included Finland and Switzerland. Yet it seems the proponents are only idiots or shills who cherry pick the context.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When you work a person above and beyond what the average joe on the street can do, and belittle and criticize every aspect of their day , you pay the man !!
When you sit in an air conditioned or well heated meeting room , think about how you'd answer to your mother on how some people have been treated !!
Not a personal attack on you Monkey , just my thoughts !
UPS is not like this once you get out of the Union workplace.
Just a normal place to work.

Re-Raise

It was a topic of conversation at my center. The new ORS read a UPS release on the shooting and we had a moment of silence.

We are in the midwest, but we care about our UPS brothers and sisters across the country.

There is never a problem at work that justifies the taking of lives.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 112