UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's just people with a conscience. Gun control has been proved over and over again not to fix anything -- but certain political parties still present it as an absolute solution to win votes. If you look at the CIA's statistics on the subject, the answer is obvious, but I'd be banned for stating it.

I wish I saw an argument for gun control that included Finland and Switzerland. Yet it seems the proponents are only idiots or shills who cherry pick the context.

I stand by my original post

extranatty

The Teamsters keep asking for more and more raises.
That means UPS expects more.
If one gets paid 150% more than the value of their efforts, you're going to have to work around 50% harder than the average job.

Are you kidding? As a Preloader; I can work for TJ Maxx doing 5% the effort and getting 100% of the pay. hell, I quit that 2nd job at TJ Maxx for a job that pays $20/hr and is even easier.

I still don't understand why anyone works for this company including myself. It's a cult of some kind. A substitute for military service that appeals to the core of my masochistic personality.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It was a topic of conversation at my center. The new ORS read a UPS release on the shooting and we had a moment of silence.

We are in the midwest, but we care about our UPS brothers and sisters across the country.

There is never a problem at work that justifies the taking of lives.
"new" ORS.

never happen if he was "old" ORS

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
No matter how bad are Day was today , or the nite , no matter how much a Supe , driver , preloader or customer or traffic pizzed you off , let it go!
Your going home in one piece , hug your spouse, kids or dog ,, let's not lose sight of the four who won't be !
It's cardboard, the sun will rise tommorw for a new day

tourists24

Relax brother. Go listen to some Thompson Twins and relive how you did a 45 piece bulk stop on paper one day in 1984. We all know, the job was harder when you did it than now.... really, just keep disrespecting all of us. Btw, I would bet you couldn't do it today, if you had to.
ok I don't care how you're trying to rebut a point.... NEVER bring the Thompson Twins into the mix..... ewwwweeee.... lol

walk it off

Does anyone know if the drivers in this tragedy actually went out to deliver yesrerday or did they go home??The building was a crime scene until late last night. Friend I have still working in the district said preload was going to happen at regular time. Heard a lot of sups om the bay area were told to show up in case of sick calls. Wonder who the poor guy is who has to deliver his route today and tomorrow.

walk it off

Tie Guy?

I remember all of that and more (hired when Jimmy Carter was president), so I am no rookie.
You are a complete jerk who thinks he is a hard ass.

Jerks like you work your entire career blaming the drivers around them for not being as fast as they are. You still don't realize you were being played by management the whole time. "That lazy wimp next to you can't get it done so we had to load you up today"..."He is a crap driver who whines about 9.5s so you need to help him out etc." "your dispatch was screwed today because that pansy took an 8 hour day"

Some guys never learn.
Played by management? How many years as a steward? None I'll bet. Wasn't 19 was it? Load my dispatch up ? No one takes my lunch money. I stand up for myself and took absolutely zero harassment from mgmt. You have a problem with courage? Afraid of enforcing a contract. Ever hear of harassment grievance for piling on stops from a wimp; they can't do it.
Grow up and take a stand. Btw that hard ass comment is funny. Surprisingly the broken nose and scar tissue I have on my hands doesn't come with a colored belt or participation award. Does have credibility when it counts. Excelsior district in San Francisco during the 60's and 70's was a little rough. Well rough for you 'cause you can't or won't fight

wayfair

swollen member
Played by management? How many years as a steward? None I'll bet. Wasn't 19 was it? Load my dispatch up ? No one takes my lunch money. I stand up for myself and took absolutely zero harassment from mgmt. You have a problem with courage? Afraid of enforcing a contract. Ever hear of harassment grievance for piling on stops from a wimp; they can't do it.
Grow up and take a stand. Btw that hard ass comment is funny. Surprisingly the broken nose and scar tissue I have on my hands doesn't come with a colored belt or participation award. Does have credibility when it counts. Excelsior district in San Francisco during the 60's and 70's was a little rough. Well rough for you 'cause you can't or won't fight
stay in your thread... not about you

TheDick

No delivery Wednesday, light day today with every sup in the BayArea they could spare. Prolly light day again Friday. Don't think any drivers did their routes. Family days no?