UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

backitup

I first should say that my prayers go out to all involved and the families. It is terrible and never should have happened...no excuse for violence like that.
I guess UPS really isn't a gun free zone as they don't mind shipping thousands of them a day. They just don't want the employees or customers to carry them on the property to lawfully protect themselves in an event such as this. I guess it's ok with them so long as they make a profit.

twoweeled

I wonder how long it'll be before they contact the family to control the news?
I wonder how they will try to control the family's comments? Payoffs or threats?
I think we can agree there is a story behind this. There is probably a bit of a paper trail somewhere also? Maybe not if he was young. UPS is the best at controlling news.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
As messed up as it sounds it doesn't surprise me and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often...constantly take a crap on your employees and this is bound to happen...I know a few drivers in that building and haven't been able to get in contact with them yet...RIP to everyone

KOG72

I’m full of it
I walk through that security gate everyday. Guard is just staring at their phone every morning. Big changes coming
At our guard shack if you have a uniform on they usually just let you pass sometimes you will get a guard in there that will actually check your cooler.

Johney

I wonder how long it'll be before they contact the family to control the news?
I wonder how they will try to control the family's comments? Payoffs or threats?
I think we can agree there is a story behind this. There is probably a bit of a paper trail somewhere also? Maybe not if he was young. UPS is the best at controlling news.
This kinda crap is hot topic now and they couldn't pay enough to hush or cover it up.

twoweeled

This kinda crap is hot topic now and they couldn't pay enough to hush or cover it up.
yeah, the media has it on the air now. But will the family come forward and explain what may have caused the driver to do this? Will other drivers speak up and give opinions on this. I'm sure management has already "TOLD" employees not to speak to anyone about this. But they can't TELL the family that.
Some years ago, a management person shot himself at the hub (supposedly in a meeting). I think it happened in Texas. We only heard about it because we had a management person from Texas. I can't find anything about it in the news. UPS controls things really good. But I see your point.

KDubb3

What's more concerning is how we are all out of different hubs around the globe yet here we are talking about how bad security and how this isn't a surprise. This could have easily happened anywhere.

backitup

We don't even have security at our center. Management is charged with that task. That doesn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies either.

Johney

yeah, the media has it on the air now. But will the family come forward and explain what may have caused the driver to do this? Will other drivers speak up and give opinions on this. I'm sure management has already "TOLD" employees not to speak to anyone about this. But they can't TELL the family that.
Some years ago, a management person shot himself at the hub (supposedly in a meeting). I think it happened in Texas. We only heard about it because we had a management person from Texas. I can't find anything about it in the news. UPS controls things really good. But I see your point.
I don't believe they can tell anybody not to talk about it, maybe while on the clock, but surely not off.