UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Wally, Jun 14, 2017.

1. backitup

backitup New Member

I agree. The first amendment applies to everyone....even UPS employees.

2. Catatonic

Catatonic Nine Lives

Not at Corporate ... the day I retired, my badge was disabled.
    When I came back in a couple of weeks for my retirement party, a manager had to come and sign me in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

reported

4. walk it off

walk it off Active Member

The overhead tv shot you see is the paint shop and entrance into district offices. Prayers for all UPSers

5. twoweeled

twoweeled Well-Known Member

Yep! That's a good sized one. Probably don't know everyone, but the old timers probably see almost everyone when walking in, at the gas pumps and walking out. I'm really surprised the name hasn't found it's way out yet. I'm sure someone knows the name, or some of the names. I can understand someone not wanting to release names. But the people who know the story, should release the story. someway, somehow. The real story will lose it's punch/validity over a short period of time. People on the outside automatically view the shooter is a lunatic. I don't. I think many of us don't at this point. Not saying it's right, just saying; I understand.
    A bit of the story getting out is important. People need to get a bit of insight to the inner workings at UPS. I hope no one close to you was involved.

6. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Yeah the company clearly left him with no choice but to murder. Give me a break

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

ups dont care too much about mangement either, just the numbers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Yeah I didn't notice that when I went in at 11PM last night and walked out at 1PM today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. 10 Pt

10 Pt Guest

EC

10. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Are you gonna honest sit here and say the culture, specifically in the past 5 or so years could possible push somebody over the edge?

Im not saying it's an excuse, but some people are strong and can handle it, some people can't. Sad thing is people don't know who are the ones who can't handle it until it's too late.

Treat others as you want to be treated is how I try to live my life.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  11. walk it off

walk it off Active Member

I'm no fan of UPS management but NO ONE should be killed for going to work. This is a scumbag no account coward who had no reason to go in and kill. Any defense of this guy is reprehensible. I have worked out of this and 2 other building out of local 278. My continued prayers for the families of the victims.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. Kicked Your Dog

Kicked Your Dog 25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder

There are UPSers that aren't going home to their families tonight and my prayers are for all of them. I hope they find peace in the days to come. But, I would be a damn liar if I said this is any kind of surprise. The last 10 years UPS has developed a culture of high pressure and a "win at all cost" mentality. Everyday is a win or fail and God have mercy on those who don't win. I've seen so much dishonesty and fraud from management and their production standards that I cannot say I couldn't imagine anyone snapping and going full psychotic, like today. All I hope for is that every UPSer, who learns of today's horror, takes a minute to ask themself how they contribute to the culture of pressure and punishment at UPS. All we have are each other. Once again, may God bring peace to all involved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Likely just took yours, everyone else that retires gets to keep theirs and come and go as they please.

14. KDubb3

KDubb3 New Member

Latest update says victims shot execution style. Not sure how true that is

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Surprised they didn't tell you to buzz off....are you still able to get into upsers.com???

16. Catatonic

Catatonic Nine Lives

Yes

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

They did not. Air is emergency conditions.

18. Matty_lawn

Matty_lawn Poopin' on the clock

Pretty much this. When I saw what time it happened I thought it might have been a preloader. They get ripped apart at my hub, (called retarded, abused, picked on, etc). RIP

19. opey

opey Active Member

the name of the shooter is out, Jimmy Lam. He was in uniform and supposedly had a history of mental illness. Also they are saying it happened at the time of the PCM

20. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Very well said...sad but true...personally I think this is going to continue to happen... wait and see. Ups needs to rethink their approach with people and I would like to see these incidents brought up at the next negotiations because it is a very real correlation between their production at all costs attitude and employees who are so mentally drained that they could possibly go off the deep end.....we all deserve to work in a safe, harassment free workplace...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List