UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

Returntosender

I wonder how long it'll be before they contact the family to control the news?
I wonder how they will try to control the family's comments? Payoffs or threats?
I think we can agree there is a story behind this. There is probably a bit of a paper trail somewhere also? Maybe not if he was young. UPS is the best at controlling news.
Just go to SF news and type in the comments section: The behind scenes tales of UPS can be found at brown cafe.com

Faceplanted

What's more concerning is how we are all out of different hubs around the globe yet here we are talking about how bad security and how this isn't a surprise. This could have easily happened anywhere.
Security isn't gonna stop anything. Somebody hell bent on shooting somebody inside the hub will have no problem doing the same to a guard. Let's be rational here

gio16

I was telling our pick off guy not too long ago that I'm sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet. I've seen so many people get screamed at by management, belittled in front of the entire penn, drivers being told it doesn't matter what they think... things like that. :censored2:, I was treated like :censored2: my first three months by my sup and it just did not matter how hard I tried to improve.

But I truly am sorry to hear that this happened. These are our co workers, even though we don't work together (that we know of lol), we gotta have each other's backs right now. Sorry this took a sappy turn lol.

As I always tell my drivers before leaving, be safe out there.

KDubb3

Security isn't gonna stop anything. Somebody hell bent on shooting somebody inside the hub will have no problem doing the same to a guard. Let's be rational here
I get what you're saying however what's the point of metal detectors and 2 Gaurds when walking into the building?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I get what you're saying however what's the point of metal detectors and 2 Gaurds when walking into the building?
most of the time people dont know who is coming or going. They could have fired someone two weeks ago and they still could walk right into my building

Faceplanted

I was telling our pick off guy not too long ago that I'm sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet. I've seen so many people get screamed at by management, belittled in front of the entire penn, drivers being told it doesn't matter what they think... things like that. :censored2:, I was treated like :censored2: my first three months by my sup and it just did not matter how hard I tried to improve.

But I truly am sorry to hear that this happened. These are our co workers, even though we don't work together (that we know of lol), we gotta have each other's backs right now. Sorry this took a sappy turn lol.

As I always tell my drivers before leaving, be safe out there.
It's happened before. Management got shots busted st them. Isn't the first time won't be the last until the culture changes.

twoweeled

I don't believe they can tell anybody not to talk about it, maybe while on the clock, but surely not off.
They can't hold you to it, but they will tell you. Similar to when you get into an accident and you're told never to admit guilt and don't say anything. Not exactly the same, but they really can't hold you to it. Wise advice and all, but they can't hold you to it. but they'll tell you. I'm guessing; if management were to see a driver on television about some specific people, specific incidences and what specifically was said and done, (true or not) you'll be in the office when you get back. Can't do anything, , , but you'll be in the office. That's just my opinion, my guess. I could be wrong.