UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

rod

Retired 22 years
I have never seen a Fed-Ex express driver who kept up the pace of a UPS driver.

I have never seen a Fed-ex ground driver who cared about their customers like a UPS teamster driver.

I thought you went through deprogramming when you retired Photog.

I will agree with you on the FedEx Express driver statement.

When it comes to Fedex Ground are you talking caring about a business customer or a residential customer? I would rather see the FedEx Ground guy pull up to my house now days. I can always tell the difference. The FedEx Ground guy rings the door bell and says hi if I happen to catch him before he drives away. The UPS guy just hits and runs--no door bell or nothing.

MAKAVELI

I have never seen a Fed-Ex express driver who kept up the pace of a UPS driver.

I have never seen a Fed-ex ground driver who cared about their customers like a UPS teamster driver.

And as to mailmen....Well, :sleeping:

I thought you went through de-programming when you retired, Photog.
I have seen plenty of chubby and fat UPSers who couldn't keep up with me.:lol:

Dhydratd

I have seen plenty of chubby and fat UPSers who couldn't keep up with me.:lol:
Why would I want to? I get paid by the hour.:biggrin:

giphy.gif

BUCN85

This thread has pretty much been derailed....is there any updated info on the incident. Links to news articles? Confirmed motive or has anything been investigated on the driver

Box Ox

Excessive OT grievance was filed. Targeted specific people.

Think one line of thought is that maybe the other drivers in his loop had to pull stops off of him the night before or recently and had given him :censored2: about it.

When I was a brand new driver, other drivers were furious that they had to come and pull some of my 200+ split route stops off. But they were mostly mad at dispatch for giving me such a ridiculous load.

In any case, absolutely no justification for what this guy did, of course.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Read through this last night from a link on the Vote No FB group. Glad you put it up here.

"This tragedy is obviously upsetting for those of us who work at UPS, along with our family and friends. But it doesn't come as a real surprise given the undue stress of the job."

That's pretty accurate. Probably sounds a little callous to outsiders.

Sounds a little callous to this insider.

jaker

trolling
Every since that day ups has really bumped up their security , but I was talking to
Friend about it and said I don't have to bring a weapon though security to get in because I am a driver

I can put it somewhere on my route and pick it or have someone bring it to me , so matter what ups does about security they are not going to be able to stop this

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Talked to a driver in my old center tonite

Got a guy that's been off all week because he made some comments at the pcm the day after the shooting
Word is company's playing hard ball

Any Thoughts?

Box Ox

Talked to a driver in my old center tonite

Got a guy that's been off all week because he made some comments at the pcm the day after the shooting
Word is company's playing hard ball

Any Thoughts?

The kind of comments that would have been considered a warning sign in hindsight were he to have shot up a center?