UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

twoweeled

They should have if they didn't.
The only way they'd give the day off, is if they agreed to circle out or the union agrees they won't get paid. If UPS is paying, YOU'RE WORKING!!
serious-man-pointing-index-finger-closeup-side-view-profile-portrait-young-unhappy-guy-looking-angry-agitated-blaming-39705093.jpg

TheFigurehead

UPS has declared all their buildings "gun free zones". So how did a shooting occur in a gun free zone?? I KNOW.....because gun free zones don't work!

So you want thousands of your fellow coworkers... all of them disgruntled, pi$$ed off, and getting the shaft from Mgmt on a daily basis... walking around armed every day? That would only serve to increase the frequency of things like this. While, yes, 99% of them aren't going to start shooting, it only takes one guy to lose his $#!+. We're all constantly being pushed to the edge of sanity as it is as a byproduct of corporate idiocy... adding guns to the mix is only going to make things worse.

I don't care if people own guns... but we certainly don't need them at work.

KDubb3

UPS has declared all their buildings "gun free zones". So how did a shooting occur in a gun free zone?? I KNOW.....because gun free zones don't work!
Because security doesn't check anything when we walk in. Only out. Some of the drivers were just talking about this the other day. "Someone could bring in a gun and no one would know" we even walk through metal detectors that go off and they don't check anything" I smell a negligence lawsuit. I don't work in that building but another one in the area that has gone full steam ahead with heavy Saturdays with a skeleton crew and even heavier mondays with the Saturday pick ups since there is a huge Amazon hub just outside the Bay Area. We are getting slammed with a ton of pressure added. It's sad that this isn't a shocker. My prayers go out to all those involved and affected.

Faceplanted

Because security doesn't check anything when we walk in. Only out. Some of the drivers were just talking about this the other day. "Someone could bring in a gun and no one would know" we even walk through metal detectors that go off and they don't check anything" I smell a negligence lawsuit. I don't work in that building but another one in the area that has gone full steam ahead with heavy Saturdays with a skeleton crew and even heavier mondays with the Saturday pick ups since there is a huge Amazon hub just outside the Bay Area. We are getting slammed with a ton of pressure added. It's sad that this isn't a shocker. My prayers go out to all those involved and affected.
Security at ups is theater.

You think somebody can't just walk right by security. Security gets paid 12 bucks an hour, they're not gonna physically stop somebody walking in

Returntosender

Security primary concern is internal theft. Not guns on property. The entrances have security but the entire perimeter fenceline is not Monitoree right there potential breach point for a disgruntled employee.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Security at ups is theater.

You think somebody can't just walk right by security. Security gets paid 12 bucks an hour, they're not gonna physically stop somebody walking in
I walk through that security gate everyday. Guard is just staring at their phone every morning. Big changes coming

twoweeled

That's because they don't care (didn't care) what you bring in. They are just concerned with what you take out. Typical UPS.