UPS sick days

ManInBrown

Clearly you talk way too much.

When you call in you simply say "I'm sick today."
There should never be a point where they ask you why you need the day off. And if they ask you why you need the day off you simply say I'm sick today.

you put them in a position where they didn't know why you were not coming in. if you tell them "I'm sick" then it makes sense and they can code the day out as sick. If you are unclear and saying dumb stuff like I need to day off or I'm not coming in today then they don't know how to code that and it makes no sense.

You don't have to reveal anything to them. Don't tell them any stories. Use the proper words and things go quickly and smoothly.
Don’t even say I’m sick today. Say I’m utilizing A sick day. Thats it. End of story. Click.

Indecisi0n

Thank you! And I agree. It’s life. Things come up. Sometimes you HAVE to take a day off. And that’s exactly why we get those days. It’s such a shame that I now feel scared (in a way) to ever call off again....:(
Nobody should feel that way when it has something to do with their job.. It’s sad and I just wish so bad they would change/adjust the way they deal with call offs. I’m not the only one that’s dealt with the rudeness and the interrogations when calling off. I asked quite a few of my friends, most have 10+ more years seniority on me, if they got an attitude over the phone when they had to take a sick day and they all said yes and My one friend has been there I think 11 years now and she’s one hell of a worker, Very reliable, only takes off when she’s super ill, She told me when she recently was sick and had to call off, The girl over the phone pretty much made her go into detail on what her symptoms were. Like WTF?! she was really sick to, she had a fever, was dizzy and was throwing up frequently.. And the jerk over the phone asked her all kinds of questions and asked what was wrong/why she couldn’t come in/etc. And not in a concerned type of way, In a RUDE, bchy kinda way..
It’s absolutely ridiculous to me that they’re allowed to question us like that!
We get sick days for a reason! We shouldn’t have to go into detail and explain our whole situation to them. It’s personal stuff. But they OBVIOUSLY could care less. They act like we don’t have lives outside of UPS. lol
They are bullies and they need to be treated as such. When they hit, you hit back twice as hard. If you allow them to push you around they will do it to you for the rest of your career.
Nothing sadder than seeing some 50 year old guy being talked down to by some punk kid and they don’t do anything about it.

WorkingMomof2

Sick leave (or paid sick days or sickpay) is paid time off from work that workers can use to stay home to address their health needs without losing pay. It differs from paid vacation time or time off work to deal with personal matters, because sick leave is intended for health-related purposes.

WorkingMomof2

This job is a 30 year grind. If you feel like taking a day off for rest. Do it.

Nobody cares if you’re the Cal Ripken of UPS.
Right. I absolutely will use my sick days when I need to. I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback on here. And yes it’s VERY clear they don’t care about their employees. That’s for sure!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Very true. I just try my best to be professional and courteous, that’s the way I was raised. I try to have respect for My bosses/supervisors and the higher ups but it’s hard to do that when they treat us all like *. It’s unfair. Now MAYBE I could see if I was a new hire or someone who’s constantly missing work, but I am not. I’m actually one of the few people that’s always at work. I only miss when I REALLY need to and I use My sick days.
But The whole situation is just SO unfair and we shouldn’t be treated the way we are.
If you’re this worried about fair I suggest you find another place of employment.

Spanky250

You got this all wrong. I like going into great detail about having a bad case of diarrea. Trust me this will be the last time they ask you why!!!

Lol yep. Once early in my career I called in and told the dispatcher I was sick. He started the usual "you better come in or else, why do you need off blah blah blah" crap, so I said I'll tell you what, install a porta potty in the back of my truck so I can go squirt in it every few minutes and I'll come in, otherwise no. They never asked for a reason again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And so? Who gives an friend? What you have....OMG. Why would I not know? WHY WOULD I?
Hey you were the one trying to be a smart ass acting like they didn’t exist.

It’s ok you were wrong. Judging by your post history here it’s probably a rather common occurrence in your life. I’d think you’d be used to it by now.

quad decade guy

Hey you were the one trying to be a smart ass acting like they didn’t exist.

It’s ok you were wrong. Judging by your post history here it’s probably a rather common occurrence in your life. I’d think you’d be used to it by now.
Not sure about any of that.

They may exist somewhere else...not here. Shrug.

Wrong? I just asked a question. None of that exists here.

Who gives an friend?

Smart ass? That's your take. Sorry if you are intimidated? And weak. Like the OP.

Again you don't know me.