UPS Slaves

Thebrownblob

You know this how?

Where are you obtaining your statistics?
Because I’m the union Steward, and I signed them up to be members. First hand statistics, from my location, any other questions? We also have half a dozen more who have applied, called me for information about doing so, although the company is not currently hiring many people.

Last edited:

UndressedFedexed

DQd Day One
Slaves had to work until their master said they could stop. Ups workers have to work until their master also let’s them stop. Our union brothers and sisters died for a 8 hour work day. This is our contact time to take back our 8 hour work day. Time for management to treat us nice and ask/beg us if we could please stay for overtime to help. NO MORE FORCED, mandatory overtime! We are not slaves!
Did you not know what you were applying for?

Nah
Slaves had to work until their master said they could stop. Ups workers have to work until their master also let’s them stop. Our union brothers and sisters died for a 8 hour work day. This is our contact time to take back our 8 hour work day. Time for management to treat us nice and ask/beg us if we could please stay for overtime to help. NO MORE FORCED, mandatory overtime! We are not slaves!
You're not a slave.

542thruNthru

You're not a slave.
tumblr_2a275a847828b4c373793a5211241afd_b65f7f9b_540.gif

worldwide

Kind of like NFL players being compared to "slaves"? Yet somehow, people continue to apply and want to work at UPS and kids still dream of playing in the NFL. They are both jobs and no one is forcing anyone to work at UPS or try out for the NFL. Get a grip...

Thebrownblob

My progression was 90 days to top scale.
Yep, mine was two years, but if you Count the
Eight years I waited to go driving it was really 10 years to top scale. And eight years to even be guaranteed anything more than 3 1/2. New 22.4 are light years ahead of us. And I’m glad they are and I think it could be better.

Yep, mine was two years, but if you Count the
Eight years I waited to go driving it was really 10 years to top scale. And eight years to even be guaranteed anything more than 3 1/2. New 22.4 are light years ahead of us. And I’m glad they are and I think it could be better.
How do you figure 22.4 are years ahead of me? I make more working 25 hours than a new driver does working 40 hours. Next contract I see a wage freeze for FT and an expansion of 22.4 positions.

Thebrownblob

How do you figure 22.4 are years ahead of me? I make more working 25 hours than a new driver does working 40 hours. Next contract I see a wage freeze for FT and an expansion of 22.4 positions.
Yes but you cheat and grovel to management, to get your hours so really we can’t count you. Half the reason why you were part of a contract that had no problem aborting the unborn future union members. They had an opportunity to go full-time before I did by eight years. And they will go to topscale many years before I had the opportunity. Once again everything could be better but nothing is as bad as you always say it is even though you help make it bad for the people around you.

Last edited:
Yes but you cheat and grovel to management, to get your hours so really we can’t count you. Half the reason why you were part of a contract that had no problem aborting the unborn future union members. They had an opportunity to go full-time before I did by eight years. And they will go to topscale many years before I had the opportunity. Once again everything could be better but nothing is as bad as you always say it is even though you help make it bad for the people around you.
Just pointing out all of the concessions granted by FT Union members to the company through the years. I have always voted no but the FT members point out that the new concessions don't affect them. They are right of course.