UPS stealing pay?

Why the hell does the union allow bonus? Get rid of it now.
I would imagine that if you could punch out everyday by 4:30 and bonus an hour+ you would feel a bit different about bonus. You are right though about bonus being more and more difficult to make. Very few bonus babies left anymore.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would imagine that if you could punch out everyday by 4:30 and bonus an hour+ you would feel a bit different about bonus. You are right though about bonus being more and more difficult to make. Very few bonus babies left anymore.
Maybe it's different on my area but the company numbers here are stacked in their favor. Most guys never run scratch, you can't unless you run-gun.

What's more: bonus or an hour of overtime?

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Maybe it's different on my area but the company numbers here are stacked in their favor. Most guys never run scratch, you can't unless you run-gun.

What's more bonus or an hour of overtime?
God I miss the $300 "PLEASE COME IN AND HELP US LOAD THE TRUCKS OR EMPTY THE BINS WE'LL EVEN BUS YOU IN AND UBER YOU HOME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WE NEED YOU" bonus.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
We are a bonus center, and they still cut time allowances all the time. It's not about keeping drivers from running bonus as much as it is a bending of reality to fit their needs. They think that every few months, your stop count should increase and your time allowance should decrease. Most drivers in my center gave up on that game a long time ago. There's no way to win. This is how UPS creates bad drivers. Our work is never good enough, and over time, drivers quit giving a damn.

Pay attention to the video on founder's day later this month where they highlight how a few determined men built a worldwide shipping company.
You will hear the term constructively dissatisfied.
Since this concept is no longer either explained nor supported you have the situation of the company creating bad drivers.
Should now be termed destructively dissatisfied??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pay attention to the video on founder's day later this month where they highlight how a few determined men built a worldwide shipping company.
You will hear the term constructively dissatisfied.
Since this concept is no longer either explained nor supported you have the situation of the company creating bad drivers.
Should now be termed destructively dissatisfied??
download-5.jpg

OKLABob

I have a similar pickup on one of the routes I cover. Wrangler ships out over 1300 packages a day and they will send a truck in the morning to pick up 500-600 and the driver who runs the route with that pickup will get the rest. I asked the same question you are asking I ran to much under so my supervisor told me for every 5 bags I loaded they only credited me for 1. How true this is I don’t know.

Rack em

Made the Podium
1 1/2 time here too. Wasn't at first but it was grieved and UPS changed it.

Mostly pointless with the way they have screwed up the allowances on most routes.
Can't put a price on having a functioning body upon reaching retirement. Bonus is a stupid incentive that makes drivers work unsafe.

oldngray

nowhere special
We have drivers running their asses off all day and we aren't even a bonus center. Then when they get told to come take stops off me so I don't go over 9.5 they get all pissed. It's hilarious!
My center voted out bonus. Only a couple of the "special" people cried about losing it.