UPS stealing pay?

coolslice

So, this is not the first time this has happened. I have a pickup that on occasion will ship out a few hundred package, which obviously gives me a good amount of bonus on those day. The problem is that some of that bonus disappears somewhere between the report and my paycheck. My question is- is there some logical explanation for this that I'm not seeing? The last time this happened, I was told that "I wasn't at the stop long enough to get that amount of bonus." This time I'm not letting it go, unless there's just something I've missed.

I have pictures of the report and my check stub, but I can't get them to upload for some reason.

coolslice

What I don't understand is why the center report is different from the paycheck. To me, that means there is an office somewhere where people are paid to look for ways to move the goal posts when a driver beats them at their own game. I imagine these are the same people that have cut the time allowances so bad that dispatchers are having a hard time getting routes with 160 stops to dispatch an 8 hour day.

Unless someone knows where it is written that UPS can take bonus away at their discretion, then I will finally try to use the union for something for the first time in 14 years. If they can't fix it, and I don't expect them to, then well, I live in a right-to-work state.

Overpaid Union Thug

What I don't understand is why the center report is different from the paycheck. To me, that means there is an office somewhere where people are paid to look for ways to move the goal posts when a driver beats them at their own game. I imagine these are the same people that have cut the time allowances so bad that dispatchers are having a hard time getting routes with 160 stops to dispatch an 8 hour day.

Unless someone knows where it is written that UPS can take bonus away at their discretion, then I will finally try to use the union for something for the first time in 14 years. If they can't fix it, and I don't expect them to, then well, I live in a right-to-work state.

The union won’t help. They’d have to recognize production in order to even begin to fight this. My center fought a similar battle years ago and lost. The best thing anyone in a bonus center can do is get rid of it. Vote that crap out.

Johney

I was told at one time that anything over an hour of bonus has to be approved for by the DM. Not sure if it's true or not.

coolslice

The union won’t help. They’d have to recognize production in order to even begin to fight this. My center fought a similar battle years ago and lost. The best thing anyone in a bonus center can do is get rid of it. Vote that crap out.

I really don't consider it a production issue, I consider it a pay issue. This is the system UPS has set up, so they need to honor it. They have no issue busting your balls if you run over, so if running under doesn't matter, then running over shouldn't either. Either way, it all comes down to UPS wanting to pay you as little as possible and work you as hard as possible.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Why do you care so much what their dispatch allowance is?
Stop chasing the carrot on a stick.
Just work at a comfortable pace

Chnandler Bong

Keep complaining. It won’t be long before your route has a time allowance adjustment and you’ll be running over allowed every day. (Which is why we voted out the bonus system in our center).

And I understand your point. The daily report SHOULD match your paycheck. But this company often lacks integrity. I routinely have to have my paycheck adjusted because they don’t always honor the 8 hour guarantee. It’s theft, plain and simple...and has nothing to do with time allowances. Someone alters timecards in order to deny pay.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Are you a dues paying member?