UPS telling you they have no money?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
LOL.

767-3JHF Line # 982 built 2009. Currently on lease to Tasman Cargo Airlines.

We won't get N378UP (1st of new block) until next year.

Sounds like you might be familiar with the recent IPA Contract… question:

Since the union pilots, mechanics and support members are under the UPS Retirement Plan, the same as the management are their pension benefits frozen also?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Sounds like you might be familiar with the recent IPA Contract… question:

Since the union pilots, mechanics and support members are under the UPS Retirement Plan, the same as the management are their pension benefits frozen also?
You don't even want to know what the Line Pilots get in terms of their "Defined Pension Plan". The Acft Mechanics (anyone in Local 2727 and maybe some distant Locals that are also doing acft MX work) are doing quite well also.
The management (non-union) people had the Pension ceased this year.
Some got a hefty one-time bump to kind of compensate, but you had to be a Mgr, Director and up.
"Support Members" cover a lot of areas. Union and Non-union. If they are 2727 or equivalent, they're fine for now. Pilots will always be fine +++...

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Is that after DHL buys the airline?
LOL. DHL is too smart to own an airline. They've been around for 50+ years doing ACMI (Acft/Crew/MX/Insurance) and will continue to grow and prosper while UPS and FDX struggle with internal costs and strife. Their colors are on a huge number of airplanes that are operated by about 15 different Operators (airlines). They're pretty smart.

Screenshot_20230426-105012-005.png

Pullman Brown

People are just panicking
That quarterly report wasn't that bad

Employees need to listen to the earnings call. Here are a few highlights that I can remember:

1. January volume was what they predicted. February was a little higher than anticipated. March was down which surprised them. April stabilized.

2. Thirty percent of the volume, for the highest ever, was small/ medium size business which produces higher profits. They want to move away from Amazon because they offer them such a high discount.

3. They still have many levers to pull from to control costs.

4. Consumer behavior is changing as everybody knew it would.

Those are just a few. No need to panic!

Employees need to listen to the earnings call. Here are a few highlights that I can remember:

1. January volume was what they predicted. February was a little higher than anticipated. March was down which surprised them. April stabilized.

2. Thirty percent of the volume, for the highest ever, was small/ medium size business which produces higher profits. They want to move away from Amazon because they offer them such a high discount.

3. They still have many levers to pull from to control costs.

4. Consumer behavior is changing as everybody knew it would.

Those are just a few. No need to panic!
People are running out of disposable income.

Credit card debt is rising dramatically.

Even though I live within my means I have noticed I have less cash available to put away in my savings