UPS telling you they have no money?

Up In Smoke

Anyone can get your name and address. So you don’t think people vote fraudulently?
Absolutely people vote fraudulently. Systems are in place to find and charge these people. We had a lady ask to see a supervisor at one of our polling locations, so I drove over to talk with her. She explained that she had just (less than six months) inherited her father's residence and wanted to vote. She said she had same day registered at this location but wanted to know if she was still on the other polling book and would be allowed to vote there also? I said she was still on that book and she was free to vote if she thought that was wise. I went on to inform her of the penalties of voter fraud, but encouraged her to give it a try if her intentions were to make a statement. She decided against it.

Up In Smoke

In one southern state I lived in, you showed your DL and an older volunteer simply looked at it. If your name was on their "list", you signed and they gave you a sheet with the voting selections.
If not, they printed your name and address on the last blank page and you signed. All they verified was that your address was within that District.
I had mine written in once because I moved within that city. I saw many pages of handwritten names and addresses. This was within the last 10 years. Not sure if they followed-up and verified the addresses. I suspect not.
It's a form of same day registration. Your name and address would then be be updated in the county rolls.

Next Day Error

X - Other
In one southern state I lived in, you showed your DL and an older volunteer simply looked at it. If your name was on their "list", you signed and they gave you a sheet with the voting selections.
If not, they printed your name and address on the last blank page and you signed. All they verified was that your address was within that District.
I had mine written in once because I moved within that city. I saw many pages of handwritten names and addresses. This was within the last 10 years. Not sure if they followed-up and verified the addresses. I suspect not.
Provisional ballot?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It's a form of same day registration. Your name and address would then be be updated in the county rolls.
How can you be certain? Do you just think this is how it is supposed to work?

What I didn't mention was that they told me to "make sure you register on-line so we don't have to do this again". I talked to people at work, since many move around a fair amount, and some rely on the write-in registration versus the on-line. This method is rife with corruption and has been proven to be routinely compromised, but only on small local scales. The GOP has been screaming for audits, but they don't happen.

BTW, I live in a blue state...Imagine that!

Up In Smoke

What I didn't mention was that they told me to "make sure you register on-line so we don't have to do this again". I talked to people at work, since many move around a fair amount, and some rely on the write-in registration versus the on-line. This method is rife with corruption and has been proven to be routinely compromised, but only on small local scales. The GOP has been screaming for audits, but they don't happen.

Every state has either a myvote or vote.com to confirm your registration. It's part of the open records act and linked to the census, which is conducted every 10 years.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Some of you guys just hate them for their skin color and nationality.

And many of them also immediately go on generous entitlement programs like MediCal because of their rampant diabetes and preexisting poor health conditions, draining already cash-strapped state government and overwhelming social services. What's your point? Illegal immigrants stream across the "secure" border yet it takes a citizen from the UK anywhere form months to years to become a US citizen.

You justify your illogical argument for illegal immigration by painting critics of it as racist or xenophobic because you cannot justify your position any other way.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

Every state has either a myvote or vote.com to confirm your registration. It's part of the open records act and linked to the census, which is conducted every 10 years.
That's correct, at least in the state I am referring to and cannot, nor care to, cover anywhere else.
That's why I wrote THIS (see highlighted words in my post).

There is no guarantee that my "write in" is verified as I can write in over and over again.

I'm talking about How It Is...Not How I Think It should Work

Up In Smoke

I can only speculate as to what the poll worker was referring to. Same day registration is time consuming and many people don't like to have their personal information collected in a open area for all to see and hear. We instruct our registration workers to remind voters that if for any reason they need to re-register (address, name change ect.) to please feel free to use the online registration portal so you can avoid doing this process again.

Commercial Inside Release

Once again, in several states, all you do is show drivers license, they check the list, if you are in the list (database), they give you a ballot and you cast your vote...

Of course, it is based on verifying people (with RealID,) before they issue you a drivers license.

Everyone here has been driving forever... Getting a drivers license now requires a lot of crap. Birth certificate, a signed lease or a deed, retinal scan, DNA sample, anal probe.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Once again, in several states, all you do is show drivers license, they check the list, if you are in the list (database), they give you a ballot and you cast your vote...

Of course, it is based on verifying people (with RealID,) before they issue you a drivers license.

Everyone here has been driving forever... Getting a drivers license now requires a lot of crap. Birth certificate, a signed lease or a deed, retinal scan, DNA sample, anal probe.
Unless you’re illegal

Up In Smoke

Perfect. The list would be the district voter roll book. In all 50 states, a person requesting a ballot must register prior to (28 days) on line or same day in person. In all 50 states an applicant must declare 4 statements to be true in order to register. 1. Are you a US citizen? 2. Are you at least 18 years of age? 3. Are you not currently serving a sentence including incarceration, parole, probation or extended supervision for any felony conviction? 4. Have you resided at the address in which you are registering for more than 28 days? False information would be considered voter fraud.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I can only speculate as to what the poll worker was referring to. Same day registration is time consuming and many people don't like to have their personal information collected in a open area for all to see and hear. We instruct our registration workers to remind voters that if for any reason they need to re-register (address, name change ect.) to please feel free to use the online registration portal so you can avoid doing this process again.

What about fake ID ?…The last time I voted I swear they scanned my driver license to see if it was legit..

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Democrats will spin in circles telling you illegals don't vote. Then when you actually push them on it, they will admit they want illegals to be able to vote.

It's non stop gaslighting with the left.

Sportello