UPS to “strengthen employee experience” with easing of appearance restrictions

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS to “strengthen employee experience” with easing of appearance restrictions - Louisville Business First

United Parcel Service (UPS) is relaxing some of its dress code rules.

Effective immediately, UPS employees will be allowed to wear natural Black hairstyles like Afros, braids, locs and more. The company will also allow facial hair longer than its standard thin mustache-only rule, and it eliminated its gender-based appearance restrictions as well in an effort to give more freedom and flexibility to its employees.

While package handlers have been allowed to wear what they want for years, the impact of easing the restrictions will mostly target public-facing employees of the company like drivers, as well as management and to a certain degree, UPS pilots.

Karma...

I found the standards at first perplexing...Then I figured if it works fo the FedEX stock appreciating then UPS should do the same and continue on the UPS stock finally appreciating......Smart Move Carol.......continue with the great decisions......after all its the year 2020..not 1974

wilberforce15

Appearance and regular car washes were the last two things differentiating us from DHL.

Now I Saggy-Pants McGoatee Dreadlocks III delivering my busted box in a dirty truck.

Thanks.

Karma...

once the car and feeder washings were terminated it was only a matter of time until appearance standards went the way of o.p.l. , turkeys, defined pensions, partnership, hiring from with-in.. being a private company. and the list goes on........

rod

Retired 22 years
once the car and feeder washings were terminated it was only a matter of time until appearance standards went the way of o.p.l. , turkeys, defined pensions, partnership, hiring from with-in.. being a private company. and the list goes on........
The writing is on the wall.