UPS to freeze pension plans for nonunion staffers

Trackless in brown

Had to love listening this week to all the part time and full time sups crying about not having a pension anymore...and apparently its all the unions fault!!! LMAO!! some things never change!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're just mad I'm succeeding and you wanted me to fail. Yah big dummy :P
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 141

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Out west it is good, relatively speaking. But how good is it? I also wonder if any shenanigans could be implimented to help others? I read the rating sometime back. It's good, but how good? I'm asking, not telling.
The western conference pension is very diverse.... ups members are a small part of the fund and there are many companies and industries that make up the total of the pie, not just trucking....it also helps that we have to work 2080 hours for a full pension contribution point for the year.... not 1000, or 1500 like in other plans... i know there are companies that are looking to get into the fund since it is financially strong, Costco being one of them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No, that is the problem with RTW, get all the benefits, pays nothing for the representation.
If they hate the union so bad these employees should have no problem turning down representation, but usually they are the first ones running back to the union if a situation happens....which is total BS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah the hardest part is knowing when you'll need money til. If we knew when we'd die it would be easy.

Me I'm not worried about. If I make it to 80+ I'll be doing good. Now my wife. Could easily make it to triple digits with her family longevity.

...or she could get killed by a drunk driver on her way home from work....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The western conference pension is very diverse.... ups members are a small part of the fund and there are many companies and industries that make up the total of the pie, not just trucking....it also helps that we have to work 2080 hours for a full pension contribution point for the year.... not 1000, or 1500 like in other plans... i know there are companies that are looking to get into the fund since it is financially strong, Costco being one of them.

We have participating companies actively looking for a way to get out of our fund.

P

pickup

It's strange. It's getting easier. Just talked to a chef at a Hibachi restaurant who brought up working at Ground. Thought he was just making small talk but by the end he was asking for the building location and whom to ask for.

Side note: of all the times we've been to this restaurant, his meal prep was by far the best we've had and we've never had a bad experience there.

Do you walk around with a button pinned to your shirt that says "Wanna work at Fed Ex ? Ask me How!" ?

twoweeled

S&P alone is historically 7% return....inflation is what..2-3%. Your name and picture aren't helping your case.
While what you're saying is true, I think there's that fear/concern for some of us that we experience one of those times of little to no growth. The average is return 7-9% (depending on figures used) it's true, but that is an average. Point being we all know there were periods of little to no growth. Some of those periods ran 10-15 years (I think) of near 0 growth. One of those 15 year flat periods could really screw over a retirement if you're planning on adjusting 5 years prior to retiring. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I understand the wish to have a pension plan. I think the problem lies on the group who should've been monitoring funds needed for sustainability of the pensions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember at one time, being a millionaire meant having all the tang you'd ever want. Well I'm still wanting!! Being a millionaire a couple of times over, just isn't what I was expecting.
Burger-King-Stacks.jpg
Being a millionaire isn't what it was 30 years ago obviously but that article has some really good advice.