UPS to freeze pension plans for nonunion staffers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
CLE is on the upswing bro. Stop the hate.
Wut?
upload_2017-6-27_21-49-35.jpeg
upload_2017-6-27_21-49-55.jpeg
slums.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Tell that to @Jones ... he thinks Obama was great because the market rebounded from the March 2009 low.
It took 5 years to get back to where it was in June 2008.
But luckily for us all, Trump is in there now.
Did you sit on the sidelines for those 5 years and then blame Obama because you missed out on 5 years of growth? If so you're a fool who has no business making his own investing decisions. No matter how you slice it we had a 7 year bull market under obama and if you didn't do well you have no one to blame but yourself. If I do even half as well under trump I will be very happy.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Did you sit on the sidelines for those 5 years and then blame Obama because you missed out on 5 years of growth? If so you're a fool who has no business making his own investing decisions. No matter how you slice it we had a 7 year bull market under obama and if you didn't do well you have no one to blame but yourself. If I do even half as well under trump I will be very happy.
Hey Jones , I don't wanna interrupt your telling off @Monkeynutz but could you please ban a troll please.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Brownslave688

It was hard to watch. It really was.
I was and still am young enough it was kind of fun to watch.

I remember sitting in McDonald's eating lunch the day it decided to just nosedive. People were sick to their stomachs watching it and I was cheering it on. Upped my 401k percentage a few ticks that day.

I was and still am young enough it was kind of fun to watch.

I remember sitting in McDonald's eating lunch the day it decided to just nosedive. People were sick to their stomachs watching it and I was cheering it on. Upped my 401k percentage a few ticks that day.
Tell me how funny it is when it happens 20 years from now. It's not an easy pill to swallow.

MAKAVELI

Under normal circumstances yes doubling your money in 4-5 years is fantasy land. The recession made it a reality anyone could have.

You didn't have to be a genius and pick the perfect stock. You just had to have the balls to stay in and continue buying. ALL stocks were selling at a huge discount.
They all weren't selling at a huge discount for 4-5 years straight. And you don't purchase individual stocks in a 401k. They are diversified funds that have different risk levels. What you are saying is just bs.

Brownslave688

Good luck with that. The majority of workers want the security of a defined benefit pension.
That's cool. I understand that. I thought we were talking about how ups could get out of our pensions.

The only way that could happen with them still making plenty of money like now would be to give us a large defined contribution to our 401k.