UPS trucks face rough retirement

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
UPS trucks face rough retirement - Charlotte Observer

Q.
What happens to old UPS delivery trucks? You never see a used one on the road. --

rushfan

Is she joking? A fair amount of technology? Aside from the old DVA equipment, what is there? A beat up v-6, or inline 4 cylinder engine. Steps that will blow out your knees?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A potential party van with sleeping accommadations(sp) for 8, a Nascar party bus, almost indestructible.

D

Donkeyboy

UPS trucks face rough retirement - Charlotte Observer
Q.
What happens to old UPS delivery trucks? You never see a used one on the road. --

They get crushed and sold for scrap.When I started,there were package cars in service several years older than I was.Wooden shelves,dashboard handbrakes and all!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They get crushed and sold for scrap.When I started,there were package cars in service several years older than I was.Wooden shelves,dashboard handbrakes and all!

I would love to cut one up and sell the aluminum to a recycling place. I have heard that the drive-line parts, like transmission, rear end, etc., a worth a little bit too. I have had a lot of people over the years ask me if they could buy one to make a camper or car hauler out of one. I remember many years ago when RPS started up, somehow they got a hold of an old P600 and had it painted up in their colors.