UPS UK Centenial

CBUK

Hi there.

UPS is opening a new hub at Tamworth and the new site was used to mark the 100th anniversary celebrations on Saturday 30th June 2007.

I made the trip up there and with my new digital camera and despite the rain it was a good day out. There were many attractions for kids and a soccer competition through out the day. Visitors were also able to tour the hub building and see the sheer scale of the building which will be capable of sorting 42000 packages per hour.

The pictures on the link below are not great but lets you see a little corner of a worldwide operation. I could have taken more better quality shots but my son Callum wanted to be in pretty much all of them.

Its not often here that UPS employees get to meet each other and I also managed to say Hi to a few old colleagues that have moved around over the years

Sammie

Thanks, CBUK! Nice pictures. Looks like you had a nice, cool day for your outing. It's been close to 100 in Denver every day for about a week now and I would gladly trade the weather with you. Thanks for sharing and what a handsome little man your son is!!

Channahon

Nice to see UPS employee across the pond spending their day with their families at a new facility.

As I type this I am watching Princess Diana tribute.
What a wonderful way for the Princes to remember their mom and bring people together.

dutchups

Unfortunally no show in Holland.
A few days before the Centenial-show in Brussel a pcm was given that Dutch employees were welcome to visit the show in Brussel.....

As far as I know, nobody went from my center..... 300 km and info on a two days notion.
I`ve heard several drivers grumble!

(of course: if anyone realy wanted to go he/she could have known earlier when they had checked the internet)

Had to work myself, so couldn`t go....

CBUK

How can the right side be wrong?

I would love some decent weather as well. This is supposed to be Summer and its been raining constantly. I blame Wimbledon. It always rains in the UK when the Tennis is on!

dutchups

I wear shorts untill the "R" is back in the month!!!!!!
At the moment the weather is wet and cold; getting a lot of comments from customers/public and colleagues......

CBUK

I never wear shorts even when its hot. The world isn't ready for me in shorts. Its now the wettest June/July on record in the UK. There has been major flooding up north although its not been so bad here.