UPS vs Fed-Ex Stock

slantnosechevy

I hear UPS stock will be over $60 by the 4th of July:wink2:

Had a broker tell me that UPS mngmnt. is dumping stock. He says UPS is less than 50% employee owned for the first time. Didn't have a lot of time to spend with the guy. He really wanted to know whats going on. I just told him last I heard there was close to 15,000 unassigned in mngmnt. That could explain some of it coupled with many seeing the writing on the wall and have already left. Still doesn't explain all of it.

PobreCarlos

slantnosechevy;

You might want to question your broker, in that I believe UPS has been "less than 50% employee owned" since close to the time of the IPO. The thing to remember, however, is that, regardless of total "ownership" levels, the controlling "A" shares - which carry 10 times the voting rights of the "B" shares - are still safely held primarily in the hands of current employees and retired management.

As for the number of "unassigned" in management - and without having any actual figures myself - I find the number of 15,000 highly dubious, in that the TOTAL number of management employees is not radically above that figure, which one would assume would be floating around 50-60 thousand (at most, although someone might correct me)

I think a key there is that he "really wanted to know whats going on". I remember years back (well before the IPO) when I made the mistake of signing up for an invest class that included a "free consultation" with an investment broker, this broker pointing out that my UPS investment was in company that was "fine and dandy, but would never be as big as FedEx". Needless to say, I quickly lost confidence in his investment advice. As a side note, he called me up a short time later when another manager approached him about hypothecating [sp?] some shares; he had no idea of the stock share valuation, or loan value.

Anyway, if you work at UPS, and keep your ears and eyes open, I think you'd have at least as good a chance of knowing the facts about UPS as the run-of-the-mill broker. UPS is a company - what with the ownership control held by management and all, and being closely held until a short time ago - that a lot of brokers just don't seem to understand.

wyobill

On March 6 UPS and Fed-ex stock crossed paths at 39 bucks a share. Any explanations out there on why Fed-Ex is now 16 dollars a share above UPS stock?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah that was interesting but i disagree.In my opinion UPS is the bigger and stronger company but FDX stock has ALWAYS been higher.I dont know why,thats just the way its always been.

Mr. Lau makes some excellent observations, particularly the poor fit of Kinko's into the FedEx business model and of the ability of UPS to trim costs more effectively.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im an embarassment because I am stating facts?Fedex stock is and has been higher than UPS for the last 20 years.

That is absolute bs...the last few years yes but not for the last 20..hell ups hasnt even been public for 20 years. Besides the stock price doesnt mean ****ttola, look at what company is the most profitable year after year..its not fedex. Care to discuss the 775 million in the hole, how about the numerous states suing fedex for contractor taxes, how about the federal government doing the same thing..you guys are in a world of hurt!

Last edited:

FedEX 4 Life

Care to discuss the 775 million in the hole, how about the numerous states suing fedex for contractor taxes, how about the federal government doing the same thing..you guys are in a world of hurt!
Thats not the point.The point is stock prices.We're not talkin about who owes more or whos in dept.Ever since ive worked for this company FDX has always been higher than UPS.Maybe UPS is a better company,im just saying that FDX stock is always higher,thats all.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thats not the point.The point is stock prices.We're not talkin about who owes more or whos in dept.Ever since ive worked for this company FDX has always been higher than UPS.Maybe UPS is a better company,im just saying that FDX stock is always higher,thats all.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Make all the points you would like but the bottom line is the bottom line =)

FedEX 4 Life

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Make all the points you would like but the bottom line is the bottom line =)
Ok,I dont know what time talking about.Do what the article suggests.Everyone who owns Fedex stock should sell it off because it is a weak stock.It has never been higher than UPS stock.I had my facts mixed up.UPS has always been higher than FDX.

You guys are funny.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Traditionally in the computer/internet world, an avatar is a graphic or animated representation of a person.

The avatars here on Browncafe are the pictures below the person's name.