35years

Gravy route
UPS Warns of Temporary Delays After Cyber Monday Overwhelms Network

"Online orders on Cyber Monday, Nov. 27, and the days after overwhelmed expectations, UPS spokesman Steve Gaut said Dec. 5, causing a “bubble” to develop at certain package centers. Heavy volumes forced one- or two-day delays for certain items ordered last week, even as the company worked over the weekend to catch up.

The shopping surge prompted the company to notify many of its drivers that they would be required to work as many as 70 hours over an eight-day spell, an increase over the 60 hours over a seven-day period that is more typical during peak season, Gaut said. Drivers are entitled to an extended rest following that period."

Oh really,
I worked 84 hrs over 8 days.
And that extended rest...I got Sunday off.
2 day delay?
I have rolled the same stops from Friday till tomorrow.
Do these reporters ever even question what they are spoon fed?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

"Online orders on Cyber Monday, Nov. 27, and the days after overwhelmed expectations, UPS spokesman Steve Gaut said Dec. 5, causing a “bubble” to develop at certain package centers. Heavy volumes forced one- or two-day delays for certain items ordered last week, even as the company worked over the weekend to catch up.

The shopping surge prompted the company to notify many of its drivers that they would be required to work as many as 70 hours over an eight-day spell, an increase over the 60 hours over a seven-day period that is more typical during peak season, Gaut said. Drivers are entitled to an extended rest following that period."

Oh really,
2 day delay?

I just cannot believe this is happening. Everything is usually so smooth. This must be fake news.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If any customer asks me about delays, I'm name dropping Abney right away. He should be removed from his position after this disaster of a peak. He said months before peak Ups wouldn't hire any more seasonal employees despite the estimated increase of online shopping because of "automation."

All of the millions of missed packages, all the delays, all the piss poor planning, and the continued degrading of the Ups image is all his fault. As CEO he should have plans set in place months before peak even begins so that we can function as a company. Not wait until December 1st to start training the seasonal workers and trying to squeeze every last minute out of every worker, including trying this 70 hours a week bull:censored2:.

As a shareholder I want him removed as CEO. James Casey would have never started this company if he could see what a disgrace it has become!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If any customer asks me about delays, I'm name dropping Abney right away. He should be removed from his position after this disaster of a peak. He said months before peak Ups wouldn't hire any more seasonal employees despite the estimated increase of online shopping because of "automation."

All of the millions of missed packages, all the delays, all the piss poor planning, and the continued degrading of the Ups image is all his fault. As CEO he should have plans set in place months before peak even begins so that we can function as a company. Not wait until December 1st to start training the seasonal workers and trying to squeeze every last minute out of every worker, including trying this 70 hours a week bull:censored2:.

As a shareholder I want him removed as CEO. James Casey would have never started this company if he could see what a disgrace it has become!
Everything's fine, all the drivers were in by 8 and no missed. Nothing to see here.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
1 or 2 day delay? Hahahahahhaha I’ve got packages in my truck with 6 different pal labels..not to mention the wall full
Of about 2,000 irregs that haven’t moved 3 weeks...we rolled over 100,000 packages yesterday alone. Half the center is all down and miserable..The other half is having the time of their life laughing at how bad this is

It took until the end of last week to finish getting stuff I bought between the 20th-22nd. Forget black Friday and cyber monday. They were already effed.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
1 or 2 day delay? Hahahahahhaha I’ve got packages in my truck with 6 different pal labels..not to mention the wall full
Of about 2,000 irregs that haven’t moved 3 weeks...we rolled over 100,000 packages yesterday alone. Half the center is all down and miserable..The other half is having the time of their life laughing at how bad this is
Pvd's to the rescue.
overloaded-car.jpg

MendozaJ

One or two day delays for certain items...

He certainly meant NDAs and savers because ground could take a week.

With the way they forced a 6th day, it will be interesting to see how my center approaches Xmas eve, because you know they’ll want us to come in. With all the bad blood, they won’t get any volunteers.

Not that the union will help in that matter. They’ll just hand out the lube and say work as instructed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Oh really,
2 day delay?
Actually one isn't entitled to an extended rest with the 70/8. It's easier to have one but no reset necessary. You can just roll hours.

oldupsman

Watching the Fox business Network as I'm typing this. People complaining about late deliveries.
Had a graph up for on time deliveries. Fedex 99%. UPS 89%. FBN was on this story yesterday too.
It's not going away.