bbsam

Staff member
There's no ground guarantee so highly unlikely.
But won't they damage their sterling reputation for always putting the customer first and the realization that, "At UPS all we sell is service"?

I mean, they are the "tightest ship in the shipping business".

Maybe the tight-waddiest.

E

el blanco

UPS Warns of Temporary Delays After Cyber Monday Overwhelms Network

"Online orders on Cyber Monday, Nov. 27, and the days after overwhelmed expectations, UPS spokesman Steve Gaut said Dec. 5, causing a “bubble” to develop at certain package centers. Heavy volumes forced one- or two-day delays for certain items ordered last week, even as the company worked over the weekend to catch up.

The shopping surge prompted the company to notify many of its drivers that they would be required to work as many as 70 hours over an eight-day spell, an increase over the 60 hours over a seven-day period that is more typical during peak season, Gaut said. Drivers are entitled to an extended rest following that period."

Oh really,
I worked 84 hrs over 8 days.
And that extended rest...I got Sunday off.
2 day delay?
I have rolled the same stops from Friday till tomorrow.
Do these reporters ever even question what they are spoon fed?

"bubble" =

backed up beyond belief-least effort

worldwide

The president of ups US operations should also loose his job...

I have to agree with you on that point. Look at who has been running the show for the past 4 peaks:

Before becoming CEO in 2014, Abney was Chief Operating Officer since 2007. Before he was COO, he was in charge of UPS international and UPS is #3 outside the US behind DHL and FedEx. He botched the TNT deal along with Scott Davis. Only reason he got the CEO job was the two other people it was offered to first decided to retire instead (Kurt Kuehn and Dan Brutto).

Myron Gray is President of US Operations, with responsibility for all package delivery and logistics services. He's been in charge of the past 3 peak seasons and we all know how well they went.

These two can't dispatch their way out of a paper bag.

I'll be surprised/depressed if either of them are still around for peak 2018. I'd expect Jim Barber to be the next CEO and his focus is growing UPS outside the US.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

AB40E7AA-47C1-47A6-9E90-57DE36576D50.jpeg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The wall of irregulars. Lol. that is exactly how it is here also.
We had an incredible wall built in our hub. I wanted to tape a big sign "TRUMP" on it! It was around 6-8 feet high in sections, for several PDs length. It created a parking nightmare for drivers, sometimes 10-20 minutes thus far. (at least a contributor)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But won't they damage their sterling reputation for always putting the customer first and the realization that, "At UPS all we sell is service"?

I mean, they are the "tightest ship in the shipping business".

Maybe the tight-waddiest.

Do you find it hard to type with that :censored2: eating grin?

MendozaJ

Even if they hired more seasonals, there isn't enough space or cars to load.

Automation may process 800 million packages quickly, but where that process ends is where the problems begin.

Half of my packages today on 4 peak routes were from Tuesday/Wednesday. Loaded packages that I been seeing since Monday. Down to ten or fewer. We are hurting. They allegedly found a 7000s bag chilling under a temporary dock. LP is coming tomorrow anyway is my guess.