UPS Work comp. Support Group and Bitch Thread. . .

Ouch

Get online or drive to your local Social security office.. Take all the information you have about the injury.... The doctor's name address phone , ( all doctors) also have the date of the injury, and any documented diagnosis, basically take everything you have about the injury. I found out if you are out of work on comp you are eligible for getting disability . It takes four month for the application process, and it is usually denied.. After it is denied, get an Attorney to get it resolved. Also, file for unemployment, that too is allowed even though you have a job, you are not working.. GL
Hey bud thanks so much. That's the first positive thing I've heard. I should let my attorney go ahead with the disability. I appreciate it.

cheeks

Hey bud thanks so much. That's the first positive thing I've heard. I should let my attorney go ahead with the disability. I appreciate it.
I hope things have worked out for you. I haven't been on in a while and since my last post I have had my medical evaluation and my deposition hearing. Medical evaluation was very favorable. was supposed to have my panel hearing this month, UPS held their brief till the day before the hearing and then the judge decided to appoint a court ordered independent medical examination. Soooo, more waiting and worrying. Now my emotions are wearing out. So close only to be held up again.

Ouch

I go Wed to mediation with my att and ups attorneys. Should be fun. Maybe I can have a great Christmas this year lol lol.

Ouch

[quoe="cheeks, post: 1235752, member: 24329"]Good luck to you. Let us know your outcome.[/quote]
Man Im sorry your getting such the run around as well. My wife is an RN and said she has no idea how ups gets away with treating their employees the way they do. I hope your case will be fast so you can move on.

cheeks

[quoe="cheeks, post: 1235752, member: 24329"]Good luck to you. Let us know your outcome.
Man Im sorry your getting such the run around as well. My wife is an RN and said she has no idea how ups gets away with treating their employees the way they do. I hope your case will be fast so you can move on.[/quote]
So how did your hearing come out? Happy holiday ? Galliger Bassett finally scheduled my independent exam for APRIL! Laywer called the judge and said that was unreasonable and got it moved up to mid FEB. wow.

Ouch

Wow, man we settled my recon where we opened my first injury back up. I feel good about the settlement I got. We will be back to do my current injury soon. At least I got bill money now. How you coping? Good I hope.

Ouch

Man Holiday was good, small but we got to spend some great time with family. Thats really what its about for me, spending time together. I hope yours was great. Keep your head up their is light at the end of the tunnel.

cb1969

I got hurt at work took over 3 hours for sup to come and get me off the route. Took me to their door then told me I was only going to get 10.50 for 1 hour 11 and a half hours after regular start time for Temporary duty for 29 days. Liberty Mutual then denied my claim and stopped treating me and telling me I would have to pay for my own treatment. I filed a grievance and the Union did nothing at first. Finally took it to a panel supposedly won UPS didn't pay or do anything told by union to file another grievance. Waiting now for the NC Industrial Commission to rule. 5 hours at 10.50 a week for 29 days and no money since first of September and in October UPS stopped paying my insurance and back dated till September...Keep in mind I only have partial restrictions and there are multiple non-bargaining regular work I can do. No money to live and I got hurt at work and still have to fight for what is right........

browndels

Finally got a favorable report from an independent medical examiner and a favorable ruling from the judge. received back w/c pay from july. have seen an ortho dr. that recommends epidurals. waiting for a call for my appt. for that. filed for SSD and was denied, said I was able to be gainfully employed. Hmmm, guess i'll send in an appeal.

Finally got a favorable report from an independent medical examiner and a favorable ruling from the judge. received back w/c pay from july. have seen an ortho dr. that recommends epidurals. waiting for a call for my appt. for that. filed for SSD and was denied, said I was able to be gainfully employed. Hmmm, guess i'll send in an appeal.
95% get denied the first time keep trying. Do you have a lawyer for it?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's totally believable. UPS gets smarter and smarter handling injured workers all the time. That's why I wanted this thread to share some of UPS's tactics and maybe save someones job in the process. We all need to stand together and push back. The Corporation acts like our jobs is easy and if you follow the safety methods the would no longer be any injuries. Horse s#!t! This is a grueling job that takes everything out of you on some days and most of it the rest. I'd like to see those corporate friend*@ks do what we do day to day and hold it together.
I'm glad you said that UPS is holding back your medical visits and I plan on not signing anything until my lawyer takes a look at it, thanks.
I'm just curious why the union isn't stepping in here in regards to accidents and injuries...why aren't they trying to get OSHA reports on ups in regards to this. We pay these guys monthly and there's no secret that all of this repetitive motion and lifting at high speed is causing thousands of accidents and injuries a year here. Guys and gals are getting hurt, sometimes injuring the same thing over and over, and all the while ups has you do some assessments and be mentored in proper work methods...is this a joke?? That's what you get from a billion dollar organization who says safety of our employees and the general public is our number one goal. The union has totally dropped the ball on this, you know ups doesn't care..if the union wanted to press the issue with the company they could...

cheeks

Yes, I applied for Social Security Disability. I figured I would be denied first time, but I wasn't going to wait for a year or two to go by (God forbid that I'm out that long) by getting my name in the system I can receive my benefit back to my injury date if I'm ever given the benefit. No, I haven't lawyered up yet, have seen them do too little to earn to much of your benefit. I agree though, the Union does need to step up and protect workers in the field and when injured. Besides the "we'll hold your job for 5 years". Why in Gods name would I want to be out for 5 years? But I'm beginning to see how UPS drags their feet when it comes to employee injuries.

JM_UPS2005

I broke my hand and had surgery with three pins put in. I was only 'out 2 months maybe but it was an outside of work injury and only collected 60% of my check for disability. I never had any problems with UPS or the insurance but that's probably wasn't on the job. Good luck!

Sent using BrownCafe App