Don't Hurt the Brand

nWo

He would probably be gone if not for the union. Got to be smarter than that. I mean it's not like it's a hidden camera. He knows it's there.

Overpaid Union Thug

How do they know it was racist in nature? “We can only surmise....”? Maybe the customer attempted to sign an info notice for a signature required package? Which, in my experience, the average American attempts to do regardless of their ethic background or intelligence. And regardless of the crystal clear explanation and instructions on the notices. People are so flippin lazy they can’t figure out an info notice. HA!

Dude should have kept his mouth shut though. At least until he was away from the porch.

Grindstone

Maybe the customer attempted to sign an info notice for a signature required package? Which, in my experience, the average American attempts to do regardless of their ethic background or intelligence. And regardless of the crystal clear explanation and instructions on the notices. People are so flippin lazy they can’t figure out an info notice. HA!
That's actually a pretty good call on what might've happened. People are silly. I had a customer, recently, that used their own red ink pen to mark the "we can leave your package if you sign the back of this notice" line.

Est.1998

Playing devil's advocate here, can they prove what he said was directed to them?
He could've had an airpod in his ear, and was talking to someone he knew on the phone.
Let's say he was talking about the customer, what harm was actually done? Yeah, he said some harsh words but, are we not adults?
Did he destroy the package?
Did he RTS it because he dislikes latinos?
Wanting this guy fired is extreme.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
“We can only surmise that he made such a racially charged, racist remark because he saw a Spanish surname on the package,” Zamarripa said.

Bingo. They don't actually know anything. What he said when no one was around is his business. Lay off the nanny cam and stop being such oversensitive babies. "Demanding a meeting with UPS. They want the driver out." Oh my God. Kill yourselves.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
“We can only surmise that he made such a racially charged, racist remark because he saw a Spanish surname on the package,” Zamarripa said.

Bingo. They don't actually know anything. What he said when no one was around is his business. Lay off the nanny cam and stop being such oversensitive pusillanimous. "Demanding a meeting with UPS. They want the driver out." Oh my God. Kill yourselves.
fixed it for you

Seymour Packages

Bingo. They don't actually know anything. What he said when no one was around is his business. Lay off the nanny cam and stop being such oversensitive babies. "Demanding a meeting with UPS. They want the driver out." Oh my God. Kill yourselves.
LOL it would be in any driver's best interests to close their mouths and avoiding uttering audible nonsense until they are back in the package car and sure no one can hear them. I can't tell you how many times I have been walking to a door, down an apartment hallway, or sorting with an earbud in on the phone and have to watch what I say out loud. Those of us that are drivers work in public and the customers we deliver to pay our salaries, in part. They can't wait to whip their phones out or submit a video of a UPS driver going XYZ thing wrong. I don't know about you, but I enjoy the standard of living this job provides for my family, so I'll keep my opinions to myself.

p.s. It's ok to mutter "scumbag" or "who orders this sheet?" under your breath from time to time. But I wouldn't say it at the front door like this schmo.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Playing devil's advocate here, can they prove what he said was directed to them?
He could've had an airpod in his ear, and was talking to someone he knew on the phone.
Let's say he was talking about the customer, what harm was actually done? Yeah, he said some harsh words but, are we not adults?
Did he destroy the package?
Did he RTS it because he dislikes latinos?
Wanting this guy fired is extreme.
Yeah I mean it’s peak it could be very late. We’ve all had those days. A lot of people don’t realize these cameras are constantly recording not just when you ring them.

If you could be fired for mumbling inappropriate things to yourself we’d all be fired.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I know we have 7000 methods and lots of crap to deal with everyday, but our simple purpose is to get packages to customers safely without pi**ing anybody off.
This guy failed.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Everyone’s so quick to get their panties in a twist, make a complaint and get on the nightly news. Someone said something mean get over it. No proof it was racist in nature. Doesn’t matter these days, if you look at someone the wrong way you’re a racist. Seriously going to get a guy fired from his job and take food out of his kids mouths because in a moment of frustration he said something stupid and in this selfish self centered culture we live in those people probably never thought of nor will think of those consequences.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
“Now you don’t get friend* nothing because you’re a stupid mother******. You can’t read and write and speak the friend* England language.”

I guarantee he said that because the dumb ass kept signing the back of infonotices for an in-person only delivery or something even after the driver circled and highlighted that he couldn't the second time. But no. He's gotta cry "muh racism".