UPS workers held at gunpoint in Northeast DC while making deliveries

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Do you agree with me that all of DC isn’t a third world country?
Oh yeah, I used to work downtown back in the day when I was still going to college. Night job so I was down there after dark (ooo...scary!)
Used to go to shows at the old 930 club and DC Space, couple other hole in the wall joints that didn't even have names at least that I remember. Only people who say stuff like "it's a 3rd world country" are ones who don't live around here. Baltimore is worse than DC imho.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh yeah, I used to work downtown back in the day when I was still going to college. Night job so I was down there after dark (ooo...scary!)
Used to go to shows at the old 930 club and DC Space, couple other hole in the wall joints that didn't even have names at least that I remember. Only people who say stuff like "it's a 3rd world country" are ones who don't live around here. Baltimore is worse than DC imho.
I used to make pick ups from the 930 Club when they were at the old location. Remember the Bayou in Georgetown? I loved that place!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think the biggest reason it was scary around there was because that part of the city used to empty out at rush hour. Now with the gentrification, everyone goes IN to DC at night. Plus there are the areas where all the yuppies have moved in.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think the biggest reason it was scary around there was because that part of the city used to empty out at rush hour. Now with the gentrification, everyone goes IN to DC at night. Plus there are the areas where all the yuppies have moved in.
Well, also at the height of the crack epidemic DC got tagged as "Murder Capital of the Nation" and if you didn't live around here that's pretty much all you knew about it.